“Mangrove tunnels of Jonesville, Roatan”

West Bay Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #9 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Tours-Roatan is the largest provider of Roatan boat charters to: Cayos Cochinos, Whale Shark Expeditions and Deep Sea Fishing in West Bay. Climb aboard a 38 ft Luxury Deep Sea Fisher, a 34 ft Cigarette speed boat or a 44 ft Catamaran for the adventure of a lifetime. We LOVE what we do! We love seeing people happy, seeing people experience something that they never imagined possible. Life is all about moments, and sharing that moments with your family and the people you love. Our grandest vision is that everyone feels this magic.
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently spent a week in Roatan with my best friend. With so many adventures one could experience on this island, we signed up for a relaxing, yet historical visit of Oak Ridge, organized by West Bay Tours. The tour included a visit of the fishing villages that are very important to the local economy. It was amazing to experience how the locals live. Our tour director shared many interesting historical facts about the area, and organized a water taxi through the beautiful, enchanting canals that lead you through the natural mangrove tunnels of Jonesville, as well as show you the unique architecture in the village. This excursion is not to be missed if you wish to experience this island from a local's perspective. West Bay Tours organizes a private tour, which allows you to spend this special day with your family and friends. Special thanks to the West Bay Tours team for a memorable experience!

2  Thank Monique B

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had an excellent day out to cayos cochinos. One of our best fishing trips ever. The kids were delighted. Avi,the organizer was prompt and very helpful attending to all our needs, queries since it was our very first time to Roatan with the kids. Will definitely go fishing again the next time we visit Roatan. Thanks Avi and the kind staff on the boat.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

With West Bay Tours we embarked on a tour to Pigeon Cay. They handled the details with precision and made sure we were taken care of from the time we booked until we docked back. The tour director and boat staff were friendly and informed. They provided us with a safe tour that allowed us to meet other fellow travellers, enjoy our time, but also gave us the freedom to take in the island at our own leisure.

One of my most incredible vacations would not have been made possible without Avi and his team! Their love for the island is transferred into the way in which they connect visitors to the beauty it has to offer.

Highly recommend West Bay Tours!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been trying to get to Cayos Cochinos for 5 years now.Seemingly weather or too much to see and do on Roatan always got in the way and we just never got there. So finally this year we made it a priority point to put the Cayos trip #1 on our bucket list and let me tell you we were not disappointed to say the least.
First let me say that sea sickness was always one of the topics that always came up in our pre-trip conversation. Turns out it wasn't a problem. Get a big boat (30 plus feet or so) and talk to the local dive shops and boat captains for the minute by minute weather forecast to pick the best non windy, not too wavy day and your good to go. You can trust these guys because its their business to know the weather and they do not want you coming back from a trip sporting a greenish milky face and a barf bag in hand.Its bad for business. If that isn't enough to convince you then stick a Transderm-V (anti sea sickness) patch behind your ear the night before the trip and wake up the next morning with dry mouth and a groggy feeling and your all set to battle the sea lol.
Note:Before we booked our trip we decided do some scouting/observing around to find a boat and reputable captain.After talking to the locals and asking around for a day or two we found what we were looking for. A 30 ft boat and crew (with a great reputation)that would take just the four of us to Cayos and back for about $800 US. all inclusive!Deep sea fishing, site seeing, scuba dive, snorkel or just plain sit back and soak up the sun and drink your favourite drink(s). We could go where ever and do what ever our thoughts could come up with and best of all the day trip ended when we said so. Cool.BTW our captains name is Ishmael (yes they call me Ishmael) and his sea worthy son and 1 crew member would be our guides for the day. Great guys that really know their stuff and acted very professional.
Anyway when we finally got to Cayos (1 hour to 1.5 hours one way with choppy weather) it was like going back in time! something out of a Hemmingway novel. Beautiful little sand dune oasis-like islands dotted the landscape with blue turquoise water surrounding. I was in awe with the scenery. When we arrived at the main fishing village it was like nothing I have ever seen. For the first time I felt the touristy commercialism melt into the background and a hint of the old world peer through at me. Kids having fun sailing an old dug out canoe having a blast while the elders were cleaning fish and preparing a meal for the tourists(included with our $800). Regardless of what people might think (choreographed or not) I loved the whole idea of seeing what the world may have looked like a few hundred years ago... and I took(about 150) what I think are some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever taken. Simplicity and innocents. Cayos Cochinos.

My pictures will tell the story better than I can.

Darren Delorme

1  Thank Paddyscubadivers
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We enjoyed a fantastic day out to celebrate a friend's big birthday. We made our way to Cayos Cochinos from Roatan on calm seas. We set out some fishing lines while we cruised and scored a couple of tuna. Right before we came to the 14 tiny cays wild dolphins started swimming along side us & jumping out of the water. Next we explored a few of the pristine deserted islands and snorkeled around them. When we got hungry we set off to another island home to a Garifuna population. They served us a lovely local dish with fresh fish and lobster with plantains, rice & beans. After eating we walked around the village & to the end of their tiny island in the middle of the ocean. We rode back to Roatan with a sunset on our backs & lots of wonderful memories. Thanks for a beautiful day!

1  Thank afriend921