“An amazing day”
Review of Mayan Day Passes

Mayan Day Passes
Ranked #12 of 19 things to do in West Bay
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We usually travel with three kids, but this time it was just the two of us and this was an excellent excursion from the cruise ship!

It is close by so no long ride to get there, the people are super friendly, the snorkeling is unbelievable!! MUCH better than hanama (sp?) Bay in Hawaii.

The animals that have been rescued are all there to see. I thought the tour of the replica ruins and animals was going to be stupid, but I was wrong... It was very good.

My only regret is that we only had 6 hours, I could have spent 2 days there.

One caution... Make sure your mask and flippers are comfortable. Mine were not great and I was too lazy to change them once I got in the water.

5  Thank Matt J
There are newer reviews for Mayan Day Passes

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Location was great, could get a little crowded. Drinks were not too expensive (Beer $3). Was able to book a snorkel adventure for $10 a person.

5  Thank dt12201
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Very accommodating place for day passes; friendly, safe, shady with plenty of space to walk and play frisbee when you tire from snorkeling

3  Thank sapalmore
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Have been going to West Bay Beach for three years now. We own a villa up at Pristine Bay and visit Roatan 2 -3 times a year. Anyway - came in August with a group of 10 5 adults, 5 children (over age 7). The beach was deserted...we walked through from the street to Thirsty Turtle as we have always done and planned on paying $5.00 per chair for day as we always have. We were then told that the chairs were $10.00 for the day - again - the beach was deserted and there were no cruise ships coming in. I explained that we will be there all day and eating and drinking all day and that we would like the chairs for the regular $5.00 we always had paid. The guy said he would speak with the owner and came back 5 minutes later saying "no" the price is $10.00. I was so angry I said forget it and decided to walk down the beach. Came to Mayan Princess and asked about their chairs and how much were they...guess what- they were FREE, as well we were allowed to use their pool and gazebo area and all we had to do was buy lunch which is what we were planning on doing anyway. The chairs were beautiful (not the hard plastic over at Bananarama/Thirsty Turtle. We set up and promptly ordered drinks. A few of us then went into the beautiful sea water and our waiter actually waded out to us to bring us our drinks!!! Impeccable service! We stayed there for at least 7 hours and spent at least $300.00 on food and drinks all day - While I was (and still am) agrevated by the "powers that be" over at Thirsty Turtle...I am pleased that I now have a new place to go that treats me that way a person spending money should be treated...with respect.

17  Thank deeweber
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very overpriced and not really worth it. You can go to Bananarama and spend less money and eat and drink for the price you would have paid. The plus is that there is a pool. If you are just looking for a beach you can spend less.

5  Thank Chatty_Connie