“1st timer and I had blast! CA couple's in Roatan!”

Roatan Paddle Sports
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A multi - winner of TripAdvisors prestigious Certificate of Excellence ( 2014,15,16), Roatan PaddleSports offers daily SUP rentals, lessons and tours.. and ...Cruise Ship Shore Excursions all from our 2 gorgeous bases on Roatan. We have locations on 2 of the finest beaches in the western Caribbean. West Bay Beach, West Bay and Half Moon Bay, West End, Roatan. We welcome all to our beautiful waters and beaches that we enjoy everyday. Thinking of something different and fun for your Roatan shore excursion? Let us arrange your entire Roatan day! You can choose one of our many value packed cruise ship excursion packages starting at $35 pp. All include transport/guide to and from the ship, choice of beaches ( with chair ) with guaranteed access to beach facilities. There are multiple choices of activities that can be added to the package such as SUP, Kayak, Snorkel, Swim, Fishing, Boat Tour, just ask and we can work it out. Don't forget cold buckets of beer and exotic rum cocktails and hammock time. The flexible food and shopping choices all make for a worry-free island day. Our private and exclusive Two Beach property on Half Moon Bay in the Village of West End is perfect for couples, families and groups to enjoy a one of a kind, low key "original" island day. Maybe you prefer the action and crowds of West Bay. No matter, we can accommodate your preferences at either of our two locations. Let our island family business make your Roatan experience relaxed, fun and memorable. Open for drop in's and reservations on the beach daily. Special rates for locals.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Hayward, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“1st timer and I had blast! CA couple's in Roatan!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We visited Roatan on May 28-June 1st with my husband.
I've been to different tropical destinations from Hawaii, Dominican Rep, Costa Rica, Tahiti and Virgin Islands BUT one problem, I DO NOT know how to swim!!
Anyways, I'm interested in Stand up paddle boarding but I'm scared because I'm not swimmer.
I did my research on Tripadvisor (I'm also hotels reviewer) about West Bay and found Roatan Paddle sports. I messaged them on Facebook and received a reply ASAP. I wrote them my concerns about being a first timer and they assure me that I will be fine.
I also enjoyed browsing at the photos they post on FB. It's updated almost daily so I get a feel of different customers they work with so I really felt assured that I can do it!....
And I did it!!
I had the class with the famous Anita and she is such darling. I felt like my mom was teaching me how to do it and it is like holding my hand until I told her, "I think I'm okay now".
Dave, Delanoe and Anita are an awesome team. They do not treat you just like some customer but a family!
Did I mentioned they have new toys (brand new boards) that just arrived end of May? You will surely enjoy stand up paddle board with them.
***Check then out! They are located near Mayan hotel. Make sure you book with the "real" Anita crew since some of the activity vendors pretend to be working for Anita and Dave. Beware of those! ** They usually wear red shirts with SUP logo.
Thank you again SUP family.
Like I said , not only did I gained new friends in Roatan but a new family that I will be looking forward to see on my next visit to Roatan!
Now I can cross off Stand up paddle board on my bucket list!

3 Thank sambuddi2u

54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great Service”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

It was fantastic to meet a fellow calgarian running a great business in Roatan.
They offered us great service, paddles for a long time with us, than allowed us to keep on going for as long as we wanted.
They also suggested a pizza place near the beach, and it was perfect!!!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Leticia G
Edmonton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

When we arrived in Roatan at the Mayan Dave and Anita were the 1st people that we met. They are so sweet and nice (even though Dave cheers for the Flames and Stamps - boo). My husband has always wanted to try to paddle board so this was fantastic opportunity. Dave took my daughter Kendra and Bob out to show them how and they were gone for over an hour! Needless to say, we purchased a week long pass with Anita and Dave to use 2 boards at our leisure. Paddle boarding is fun and peaceful and what a place to do it! Couldn't ask for much better. But we really enjoyed learning about the island from these 2 and getting to know them. They are truly wonderful people and we would highly recommend if you are heading to Roatan westbay beach to stop in and see them. Best decision we made. BTW Dave and Anita just to let you guys know we just booked our 2nd trip back to Roatan for March/2015 so we can't wait to see you guys then. Hopefully Dave you have better taste in teams next time we see you! We will bring you some Oilers/Eskimos apparel!! Bob, Sheri and kids

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good price”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Dont go with the first price they tell you, bargain, you'll get better deal!!! the more the merrier!!!

Visited August 2013
Escondido, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“my trip to Xbalanque”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

all wonderful. Like paradise. This is a hidden treasure. I can not believe how wonderful the entire experience was.
The only negative is I should have worn more bug stuff.

Visited April 2014