“Anita is the best!”

Roatan Paddle Sports
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A multi - winner of TripAdvisors prestigious Certificate of Excellence ( 2014,15,16), Roatan PaddleSports offers daily SUP rentals, lessons and tours.. and ...Cruise Ship Shore Excursions all from our 2 gorgeous bases on Roatan. We have locations on 2 of the finest beaches in the western Caribbean. West Bay Beach, West Bay and Half Moon Bay, West End, Roatan. We welcome all to our beautiful waters and beaches that we enjoy everyday. Thinking of something different and fun for your Roatan shore excursion? Let us arrange your entire Roatan day! You can choose one of our many value packed cruise ship excursion packages starting at $35 pp. All include transport/guide to and from the ship, choice of beaches ( with chair ) with guaranteed access to beach facilities. There are multiple choices of activities that can be added to the package such as SUP, Kayak, Snorkel, Swim, Fishing, Boat Tour, just ask and we can work it out. Don't forget cold buckets of beer and exotic rum cocktails and hammock time. The flexible food and shopping choices all make for a worry-free island day. Our private and exclusive Two Beach property on Half Moon Bay in the Village of West End is perfect for couples, families and groups to enjoy a one of a kind, low key "original" island day. Maybe you prefer the action and crowds of West Bay. No matter, we can accommodate your preferences at either of our two locations. Let our island family business make your Roatan experience relaxed, fun and memorable. Open for drop in's and reservations on the beach daily. Special rates for locals.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Lima
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Anita is the best!”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Contact with Anita was very easy: her paddleboards stand is visible at the beach (West Bay). She answers her Facebook, too. She rented us 2 paddleboards : US$ 20 x 1 hour. (At Bananarama they wanted something like US$ 7 x 5 min.... CRAZY).
So we were there, standing on the boards, trying to take pictures..... and suddenly the breeze sent us AWAY.... VERY FAR from the shore!!! A kayak guy reccommended us to paddle .... then he noticed that it was too difficult for us.... he helped us, he pulled us back to the shore (later we knew he´s some relative of Anita). Anita was also very worried about us, so she also went to rescue us. Anyway, at the end of the adventure, she said: "don´t worry about the time: you´ve lost a lot of time, so just enjoy the paddleboards and when you´re ready you give´em back".... She even invited us the next day , to take the paddleboards for free.... Unfortunately we couldn´t use them, as our flight was departing on that morning!
Anyway, we reccommend Anita: she´s really the best and she cares for you..

2 Thank bettina_peru

Easton, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“You will love it!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We went out for an hour and it cost $20 a person. It was totally worth it. We got a mini lesson on paddling before we got on the boards and the instructor was really friendly. She went out with us for the first half hour and took some really great pictures for us. It was really easy and we had a great time.

Niagara Falls, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great way to enjoy West Bay!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have visited Roatan and many times and West Bay is my favourite beach. I have often seen Anita dancing on her paddle board while I was sun bathing or swimming. this year I decided to try the paddle board myself. the rates are $20.00 for an hour. Since our winter was so bad In Ontario and I had not been doing my daily walks I felt I was too out of shape for a full hour. I opted for the $10.00 for a 1/2 hour which was perfect for my first try. I met other people who had rented the board for their entire week stay so other options are available. This is a great way to see Way Bay. It was magical to glide on top of the water and see all the schools of fish beneath you as the water is that clear! I went from one end of the Bay to the other being careful not to go over tall corals or near snorkelers. You really move quite quickly once mastering your balance. I got up right away with a test run and help from Delaney the day before. I am proud to say I never fell in once and was able to keep up with Anita the entire time. Next time I will try a dance move or two. Stand Up Paddle Board is easy to find. ...just look for the group in the red shirts. They stand out when they are in the skyblue water. They provide instructions, stay with you until you get it, speak English and were the first ones on West Bay providing this rental. SUP is an Island family owned business.

1 Thank GardenAngel58
calgary, AB
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Friendly and reasonable”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Cheap to rent the SUP's. $20 hr. Staff very helpful in teaching. They paddle around West Bay asking if you want to try....Don't be scared,,flatter water there and they will help you. Great people.

ont
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“balance”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

so I tried this with my son in law!!! I did not think I could do it but once you are on it is awesome,, just relax .and you will float along such a cool way to look back into the beach . I figured out how to just sit down on it and chill a bit ... make sure the water is calm the day you try it for the first time just to get a feel for it ,,,lots of fun thanks anita

Visited January 2014