“Very fun time”

Roatan Paddle Sports
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: A multi - winner of TripAdvisors prestigious Certificate of Excellence ( 2014,15,16), Roatan PaddleSports offers daily SUP rentals, lessons and tours.. and ...Cruise Ship Shore Excursions all from our 2 gorgeous bases on Roatan. We have locations on 2 of the finest beaches in the western Caribbean. West Bay Beach, West Bay and Half Moon Bay, West End, Roatan. We welcome all to our beautiful waters and beaches that we enjoy everyday. Thinking of something different and fun for your Roatan shore excursion? Let us arrange your entire Roatan day! You can choose one of our many value packed cruise ship excursion packages starting at $35 pp. All include transport/guide to and from the ship, choice of beaches ( with chair ) with guaranteed access to beach facilities. There are multiple choices of activities that can be added to the package such as SUP, Kayak, Snorkel, Swim, Fishing, Boat Tour, just ask and we can work it out. Don't forget cold buckets of beer and exotic rum cocktails and hammock time. The flexible food and shopping choices all make for a worry-free island day. Our private and exclusive Two Beach property on Half Moon Bay in the Village of West End is perfect for couples, families and groups to enjoy a one of a kind, low key "original" island day. Maybe you prefer the action and crowds of West Bay. No matter, we can accommodate your preferences at either of our two locations. Let our island family business make your Roatan experience relaxed, fun and memorable. Open for drop in's and reservations on the beach daily. Special rates for locals.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My partner and I tried paddle boarding for the first time and really enjoyed Anita's instruction. The equipment was in great condition and it is a gorgeous setting! We had a blast watching Anita dance on the board to the Caribbean music and we watched the sunset while family members took gorgeous photos of us. Had a blast and would highly recommend Anita!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I had been paddle boarding once before in California and by far this was a better experience. Anita and her daughter are personable, offer assistance when needed or let you go on your own. Boards are well kept and up to date. It is a great way to get a full view of the beach. Since it is a very calm area it is great for beginners, no huge waves to knock you down and the water taxis are very respectful to not make huge waves. You get the boars for one hour and it costs 20 dollars. When I was there their was a group going together so I believe it was 15 dollars. All good no complaints. I am going again today:) They will actually bring you a board to your part of the beach. How accommodating is that!

1  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visited Roatan in January 2013, and knew before we went that we wanted to try paddleboarding. Everyone says that "it is harder than it looks", so we were concerned there would be a serious learning curve!
During our first week we saw Anita paddle boarding regularly. One day we went in search of her location and were pleased to find her right in West Bay Beach! We rented two paddle boards for an hour ($20/ hour per board for a total of $40). Anita was patient and made the activity easy to master. As we expected it was great exercise and the bonus was the additional way to enjoy West Bay Beach!
Our only complaint, and it is difficult to have one, is that $20/ hour was a little much, especially if you rent two. Maybe a break for renting two boards would be better.
That being said, when we visit Roatan again we will rent again.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Not much to say - twice during our time we rented a paddleboard from Anita and enjoyed the exercise and experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Anita and her daughter are the most genuine and accomodating people that I met on West Bay!

We were there in November and my best friend had never done StandUp Paddleboarding before - Anita spent all the time that she needed to teach her that by the time we were done, my friend wanted to paddle every morning that we were there. We asked her daughter to please meet us at 7 AM (even though they don't open until around 10) the next day so we can get out on the water early...and she did show up even though the water was so choppy! She was the bomb!

Anita makes paddleboarding look so easy by dancing on her board! She puts such a fun twist to standup paddleboarding. :)

I also like that they told us where the reefs ended and what to watch out for...

I can't wait to rent SUPs again from these two awesome ladies the next time I find myself in West Bay. And hopefully get to try the coconut bread that she bakes fresh as well!