“Best Around”
Review of West Bay Divers

West Bay Divers
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center located in beautiful West Bay, on the Island of Roatan. We dive on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest reef system in the world, home to over 95% of Caribbean marine species. At West Bay Divers we have earned a reputation of professionalism in the dive community by using high quality & well maintained Cressi rental gear, and staffing experienced dive professionals with a commitment to safety. With daily fun dives, snorkeling tours, PADI certification courses, and specialized Island excursions, we are sure to have something for everyone. Let us share our passion for the underwater world with you! Coming to Roatan on a cruise? Contact us to build you a personalized schedule to suit your group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Broomfield, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Around”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Visited Roatan for a week for the sole purpose of diving, West Bay Divers had great prices and a special with where I was staying. i managed to complete multiple advanced dives and wish I had time for more.

All the instructors and guides were friendly and did a great job!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kyle G

Denver, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fantastic dive operation! Relaxed, yet serious about diving”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

West Bay was one of the best dive operations we've ever dived with (my wife and I are both fairly experienced divers). The guides were friendly and relaxed, yet serious about the diving regarding both safety and fully experiencing and respecting the wonderful reef and dive sites. Ken (primarily), Deb and David were our usual guides and all were terrific. We did an educational adventure dive, as well as a night dive (with kids getting a guided night snorkel above with Estelle) as well as numerous "routine" dives. All were wonderful. They ran multiple single tank dives through the day which made arranging diving frequently without having to commit to an entire morning or afternoon extremely convenient. Our kids (9 & 11) did a Bubblemaker shore dive to the shallow reef with Deb and she led them on a fantastic experience, making them eager to get certified. I can't recommend them highly enough as a fantastic way to experience the incredible diving in Roatan!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank RMTraveler099
“FANTASTIC Dive Outfit”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

West Bay Divers is one of the best dive outfits I've gone through. This was my first trip to Roatan and it definitely will not be my last. I can't imagine going through anyone else other than WBD because their organization, professionalism, and sense of having fun shows through in every dive, between dives, and afterwards. We packed in 10 dives in 2.5 days and they planned everything perfectly, kept us safe, and were constantly on the lookout for amazing things to see--which we saw a lot of.

If you are planning a dive trip, go with WBD and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2014
Brooklyn, NY
“Roatan 2014”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We loved diving with wbay divers everyone was great especially our divemasters Ken and Debra.

Look forward to seeing you all again.

Denise and Bruce NY

Visited June 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I've just returned from a week of diving with West Bay Divers, and had a truly wonderful experience that enhanced what was already an incredible trip to Roatan. The staff have a perfect balance of being safety conscious, yet making sure all divers are relaxed and enjoying themselves, regardless of skill level. This shop is also perfect for a solo traveler, as they keep the groups small and can adjust the dive to your experience level. From the small groups and personalized dive experience, to the personal water taxi service I received when they offered to pick me up and drop me off at my hotel several times, Malcolm, Deb, Ken, Estelle, and Norlan absolutely went the extra mile for me, and it was immensely appreciated. I've been fortunate to dive at some pretty incredible locations over the last few years, and my experience here definitely ranks at the top. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Visited June 2014