“West Bay Divers”
Review of West Bay Divers

West Bay Divers
Ranked #1 of 20 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center located in beautiful West Bay, on the Island of Roatan. We dive on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest reef system in the world, home to over 95% of Caribbean marine species. At West Bay Divers we have earned a reputation of professionalism in the dive community by using high quality & well maintained Cressi rental gear, and staffing experienced dive professionals with a commitment to safety. With daily fun dives, snorkeling tours, PADI certification courses, and specialized Island excursions, we are sure to have something for everyone. Let us share our passion for the underwater world with you! Coming to Roatan on a cruise? Contact us to build you a personalized schedule to suit your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My wife and I are relative newcomers to the sport of diving, Having gotten certified in may of last year we were still somewhat apprehensive before submerging, I can't say enough about how good Luke and his crew were at easing our nerves. The state of the equipment, the briefing before dives and just the calmness they reflect as a group makes you feel very comfortable, I searched them out (not hard to find, just follow the path behind beachers) because of the reviews I read on this site and was so glad I did. We bought the five dive pkg, We dove with Deb and Arturo as our dive masters. we swam with turtles, saw moray eels, sting rays, lobster, crabs, grouper, parrotfish, angelfish, too many tropical fish to mention them all. The equipment was all inclusive in the price and was all ready for you at the boat every time. Ater 5 dives with this outfit my wife and I both thought that we had learned valuable tips on diving skills and we both felt like we were better divers than when we started. Hats off to the entire crew at West Bay Divers!!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"individual attention"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed February 2, 2014

My family and my business partner’s family sailed on the Carnival Liberty on Dec 28th, 2013. There were 12 of us in our group and our kids ages ranged from 22 down to 14. One of the stops we made during our cruise was Roatan. I was looking for a diving spot that we could take all 12 people in our group together. There were 3 divers, 3 discover scuba divers and 6 snorkelers, but we wanted to find a private diving company that could accommodate all of us as we wanted to stay together.
Through Tripadvisor, I found out about Malcom and his diving company, West Bay Divers. They were fantastic to deal with and completely deserve their No. 1 rating. I emailed Malcolm a number of times during the planning phase of the trip and he was always very prompt in his email replies which was much appreciated as I was trying to plan for a large group with varied diving interests and abilities. Malcolm even organized the transportation from Mahogany Bay to the west side of the island (about a 40 minute drive) but the drive was completely worth it as the diving was amazing. He even asked for a discount on the transportation because of the size of our group.
It was New Year’s Day the day that we hit Roatan. West Bay Divers is typically closed on New Year’s (one of only two days out of the year as luck would have it), but because of the size of our group, they were willing to accommodate us and we had our own private expedition. This day could not have been any better. For one thing the weather was absolutely perfect; the water was calm and the visibility was unbelievable. The reef on the west side of Roatan is truly beautiful and it’s literally less than a 10 minute boat ride to some of the most beautiful diving spots I’ve been to.. The diving was amazing, the discover scuba divers were pumped and the snorkelers all were amazed at how close up they could get to the reef and the fish.
Malcolm’s team were completely professional, very friendly and the equipment was in excellent condition. The discover scuba divers were given a good orientation in the water and then we were off. They had two divemasters (Malcom being one of them) for the six divers and a third guide for the snorkelers.
We got two awesome dives in and were still back in good time to catch the ship. I highly recommend West Bay Divers, particularly if you are on a cruise and want to get away from the crowds that come with the ship organized excursions. If you have a large group, they will really work with you to accommodate your wishes. Just ask! Thanks guys. It was an amazing day. Cheers.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We are relatively new divers with less than 20 dives under our belt. We visited Roatan in February of last year. We had a great time. We were went on about four dives with them. They made us feel very comfortable and safe. We were able to rent a GoPro from them for a very reasonable price and document all of the dives! Highly recommended if you're visiting Roatan.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We just got back from a week in Roatan where we dove with West Bay Divers. From the moment I contacted them a few months ago I received great service. They responded to questions quickly through Facebook and gave me all the information I needed before we got there. The dive shop staff are friendly and we had a great time diving with Arturo, Deb, and the others. They made sure everyone was comfortable and watched out for us during the dives. The equipment was well maintained and we enjoyed the small-group diving. We also booked a shark dive through them (with the one dive company on the island who does shark dives), and Malcolm made sure to brief us on the experience before we went to make sure we were comfortable. Overall, a great experience.