“Best dive shop I've had the pleasure to dive with”
Review of West Bay Divers

West Bay Divers
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center located in beautiful West Bay, on the Island of Roatan. We dive on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest reef system in the world, home to over 95% of Caribbean marine species. At West Bay Divers we have earned a reputation of professionalism in the dive community by using high quality & well maintained Cressi rental gear, and staffing experienced dive professionals with a commitment to safety. With daily fun dives, snorkeling tours, PADI certification courses, and specialized Island excursions, we are sure to have something for everyone. Let us share our passion for the underwater world with you! Coming to Roatan on a cruise? Contact us to build you a personalized schedule to suit your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I went to Roatan with my sister, my bro-in-law, and my niece and nephew (both in their early twenties). I showed up at the shop after having exchanged a few emails with the owners, Malcom and Luke. They quickly set everything up for the most amazing diving week I've ever had. Everyone at WBD goes above and beyond to offer the very best experience to their clients. They keep groups small - I think the most people that ever went out at the same time was 7, and 4 of them were staff. The staff is top notch. The boat goes out even if you are the only person diving. So I had the immense pleasure of having Denisse all to myself for one of the most amazing dives in my life - what a treat! The sites are all beautiful, and they really strive to take their clients to different sites each time - not that I minded going to the same one several times. Everything is taken care of for you. They even found a full wetsuit for me as I get really cold! All you have to do is show up. Everyone single member of the staff is fun, friendly, personable, professional and relaxed. After 18 dives with them, I kinda felt like I was part of their diving family. Thank you Nolan, Denisse, Malcom, Luke, Kenny, Estelle, Arturo, Deborah, Jim, Byron (and others I am certainly forgetting)... I was incredibly sad to leave. I intend to do my dive master with WBD. My only regret was that I was only there for a week. The only time I stopped smiling that week was when I got off the plane in snow-covered Montreal. Diving with West Bay Divers is just a fantastic experience. I highly recommend them and I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We went as a family to Roatan for our third time, and this was our second time diving with West Bay Divers. Our family consisted of our father, and his son and daughter in our early 20's. In our opinion, Luke and Malcolm have established the best dive shop in Roatan. The atmosphere is relaxed and they really take care of everything, including setting up all our equipment - as they explained it, "we're on vacation and shouldn't have to the work." Their new shop is great, and beautifully built by Luke. I have now done my advanced open water with West Bay on my last trip, and this time I did my Deep Diver Specialty and Underwater Photography Specialty. Their instructors are fantastic and take the time to ensure you know what to expect. Thanks Denise, Arturro and Malcolm!

My only advice is that if you require a specific size or type of wetsuit that you bring your own. Malcolm was great and let me borrow his full wetsuit for the week because I get cold easily, but I think they only have shorty styles in stock.

We highly recommend diving with West Bay Divers! They run a fantastic operation, and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Terrific diving experience for all members of the family!!! Got everyone diving even a scared mom!!! Very professional, enthusiastic and safe. Malcolm and Luke organized a week of diving for all our needs beginners as well as advanced divers. We were all thrilled by our experience. Great teachers, incredible site !! We are already planning our next trip with them in the beautiful island of Roatan!! Thanks a zillion gang!!!

1  Thank s l
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

West Bay Divers hosts the most impressively professional, insightfully careful, and friendly atmosphere of Dive Masters, crew, and instructors anywhere in the Caribbean. From their full service attitude, to their internationally acclaimed staff, they will provide the most outstanding dive experience available. Partly due to the passion they exude for each customer and the job at hand, this Dive Shop goes above and beyond to combine the best and safest experience for your buck with the colours, flavours, and culture of the local people. Ultimately, if you're looking for a place to vacation, relax, make great friends, and enjoy the overall experience that the Caribbean has to offer, whilst seeking to enhance your love for diving, look no further than West Bay Divers in West Bay, Roatán, Honduras.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

So I am doing a very late review but very needed!! I found out about West Bay Divers at the end of 2012 from a friend in Australia. He told me about Malc and Luke and the operation that they have on this lovely Island Roatan. I finally took the sound advice I was given and arrived mid May this year. I did my advanced certification all the way through to Assistant instructor with this great team. I had some awesome times at WBD diving with all different types of people, amazing and most importantly was a part of the team. All I can say is that the training and experience I gained working with these guys has set me up to work in a professional manner, totally amped about teaching and sharing awesome experiences with whoever decides to walk through any dive shop door I may work at. This was my aim at the start of my trip now I am Instructing on the island at yet another great shop. I really miss working with Malc, Luke, Deb, Kieran, Denise,Nick, and all the diving customers I was lucky enough to spend time with. Truly a gift to my diving career, I would strongly recommend anyone who wants to dive with a personal, tailored, relaxed and caring dive center this is the crew for you. Thank guys!!!!! :)

1  Thank DiverKen88