“Great Experience”
Review of West Bay Divers

West Bay Divers
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center located in beautiful West Bay, on the Island of Roatan. We dive on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest reef system in the world, home to over 95% of Caribbean marine species. At West Bay Divers we have earned a reputation of professionalism in the dive community by using high quality & well maintained Cressi rental gear, and staffing experienced dive professionals with a commitment to safety. With daily fun dives, snorkeling tours, PADI certification courses, and specialized Island excursions, we are sure to have something for everyone. Let us share our passion for the underwater world with you! Coming to Roatan on a cruise? Contact us to build you a personalized schedule to suit your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A friend and I just completed our PADI certification with Kieran. We couldn't be happier with the level of service and professionalism. I would recommend this dive shop to anybody visiting Roatan who is interested in diving or snorkling.

There are newer reviews for West Bay Divers

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I dove with West Bay on a recent vacation. We were referred to them by friends who had dove with them in prior years. What a great choice!! I was already certified but my wife had encountered a terrible experience in another location a few years back and had completely lost her love and interest in diving. Nick, Ken, Malcolm and Keiran were superb. Nick gets top billing as a patient instructor who spent the extra effort to gently and carefully help my unsure wife over the hump and find the joy in diving again. We will be back to dive with them again the next time we make it to Roatan with NO hesitation and without even considering any other shops. These guys were superb on every front.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to Roatan. We chose West Bay Divers and could not have been happier. Being that we were newly certified, and this being our first open water experience, the personal service can not be beat! On four of five dives, we had our own personal dive master, and the largest group was four. Any apprehension we had was quickly put at ease. We will definitely be back soon, and we will dive with no one other than West Bay Divers. The standard they have set was excellent! Thanks WBD!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I just return from a trip to Roatan. I split my in-water time between snorkelling with my wife and diving. All my diving was done with West Bay Divers and I was very happy with the choice. The shop is well organized, dive briefings were thorough and the dives were safety-oriented. While there I obtained a deep diver certification and was able to participate in a research study being conducted by Malcolm Hobbs (PHD) the shop’s co-owner; this was a unique experience for me. Above everything else, the dive staff are extremely friendly and interested in ensuring an enjoyable dive experience for their guests.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

6 of us recently went to Roatan for diving and used West Bay Divers (WBD) the entire trip. Kieran was our dive master for each dive. He was so much fun. He is also extremely knowledgable and patient. Kieran also puts your safety first. We realized this after our first dive, which made us very at ease for the rest of the trip. Kieran also explains the dive plan before each dive, using maps. All 6 of us got to dive together during each dive. Kieran is very knowledgeable under water pointing out cool fish and creatures.

WBD is located in the heart of West Bay Beach, so it's very easy to get to from anywhere on the beach. We stayed towards the end of the beach and could still walk there every morning. The facilities are very clean and safe. We had no problems leaving our personal belongings there. Someone was always at the shop to watch over the place.

Each of us had our own mask and fins, but we used the other equipment provided by WBD. The equipment was very good and looked new. It was actually better equipment than I have used in the past. The equipment was always ready to go, waiting for us on the boat before each dive. Nolan was the boat captain and is very fun as well. He stayed with the boat every time and helped you with your gear (along with Kieran). Between the 6 of us and Kieran, they had us geared up and in the water within minutes of arriving at our dive site (no playing around at the surface because the important stuff is 60 feet below!). After the dive, they carry the equipment for you and clean everything. No one from our group ever had a problem with the equipment.

Being the novice divers that we were (4 of us were certified this year), we took 2 adventure dives. We went night diving and deep water diving. WBD provided the PADI books and quiz to read at the condo. Kieran would then go over the material before the dive. Both adventure dives were amazing. We were glad that we did each. If I had to pick one, I would definitely do the night dive again to see the string of pearls. The deep dive was fun as well because Kieran took us to a shipwreck where some big grouper hang out (along with big moray eels).

WBD's prices are very good. It's also worth a little extra money for the adventure dives. The shop also carries lots of equipment to purchase, and other essentials like mask cleaner and even Cactus Juice (a must for Roatan).

The others at the WBD were very nice and professional as well. Malcolm would always answer our questions and accommodate our schedule.

We did 7 dives during the week (2 each day for 3 days, and 1 night dive). I wish we could have had 100 dives during the week. I will always go back to WBD for future trips! I miss these guys already!