“James and Nathan” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of West Bay Divers

West Bay Divers
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center located in beautiful West Bay, on the Island of Roatan. We dive on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest reef system in the world, home to over 95% of Caribbean marine species. At West Bay Divers we have earned a reputation of professionalism in the dive community by using high quality & well maintained Cressi rental gear, and staffing experienced dive professionals with a commitment to safety. With daily fun dives, snorkeling tours, PADI certification courses, and specialized Island excursions, we are sure to have something for everyone. Let us share our passion for the underwater world with you! Coming to Roatan on a cruise? Contact us to build you a personalized schedule to suit your group.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Lincoln, Nebraska
“James and Nathan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was our first diving experience. Our instructor, Deb, was very through and patient with all of our questions. She really made learning to dive enjoyable and relaxing. We loved it and can't wait to come back! We would recommend West Bay Divers to everyone!!!

Visited January 2013

Montreal, Canada
“If "Awesome" had a name.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

When we came to Roatan, we had one goal: To dive. But we came back with so much more than that! The people who work there are amongst the best! Nick's attentiveness is second to none, Deb's awesomeness factor is almost of world renown. Naomi's patience and kind heart have been witnessed many times ;) Malcom's composure and smart wit are hard to match. Luke's mesmerizing underwater control wil be with us for a long time. He is almost not human. I haven't even started to talk about the wonderful divemasters yet, but I guess that you get the idea! Diving is so much more than the technical stuff ( at which they excel). But what makes the difference between an excellent and an amazing experience is, in my mind, truly all about the people.

Soquel, California
“Trip of a lifetime thanks to West Bay Divers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I and my son, 11 years old, completed our PADI Open Water certification with West Bay Divers over the holidays and our experience was incredible. The whole team went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, and learned our skills in the most pleasant fashion. Everyone there is fabulous, from Malcom and Luke, the owners, to our instructor Deb and dive leader Naomi. We did 7 dives in all, including a night dive, and each was a unique experience that we will treasure always. The Roatan reef is wonderful, and the marine park insures a wide variety of sea life - we saw turtles, moray eels, baracudas and a huge variety of other creatures, great and small. My son loved the instruction. He became fully competent with the equipment and all the required techniques. I look forward to many years of fun with him as we continue our diving experience.

Thanks West Bay Divers!

San Jose, California
“Great Diving Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went on a several dives with West Bay Divers after a five year gap. The staff were all very helpful and it was easy to get back into it. The dives were in fascinating locations, and the guides pointed out a huge variety of interesting wildlife. One noticeable difference from everywhere else I've dived was that the staff took care of all the equipment.

Overall it was a very fun, easy experience. I recommend this shop over other ones in the area, because with most of the others diving is just a loss leader for selling accommodation, food, etc. West Bay Divers are 100% about diving, and it shows.

Aurora, Canada
“West Bay Divers is First Rate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am 64 years old and I got my diving certification in January I wish I had done this 40 years ago.
What an wonderful expericance! The Management and Staff at West Bay Divers where first rate, pleasant, patient and professional they made the entire process a pleasure. I have already booked my flight and hotel for next year in order to get my advanced certification with West Bay.

Visited January 2013