“Best dives we have had. We will return to West Bay Divers”
Review of West Bay Divers

West Bay Divers
Ranked #1 of 18 Tours in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay Divers is a PADI 5 Star Dive Center located in beautiful West Bay, on the Island of Roatan. We dive on the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef, the second largest reef system in the world, home to over 95% of Caribbean marine species. At West Bay Divers we have earned a reputation of professionalism in the dive community by using high quality & well maintained Cressi rental gear, and staffing experienced dive professionals with a commitment to safety. With daily fun dives, snorkeling tours, PADI certification courses, and specialized Island excursions, we are sure to have something for everyone. Let us share our passion for the underwater world with you! Coming to Roatan on a cruise? Contact us to build you a personalized schedule to suit your group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This review is 3 months overdue, but after our dives with West Bay Divers we wanted to submit a review for them.

My wife and I were in Roatan on June 6, 2012 and Christopher Tours set us up with West Bay Divers. We arrived and were greeted warmly by the staff. Everyone was very pleasant, happy and helpful the full time we were there. Once we meet everybody we found that Deb was going to be our DM. She was great and we hope to dive with her again.

The 1st dive was a shore dive and after gearing up we just had to go down the walkway to the beach. This dive included Deb, my wife and I. Talk about having a DM making sure we saw everything. This was a no rush dive. She went slow enough to spot even the tiniest of eels at Mandy’s Eel Garden. My wife really loved the “mountainous terrain of the ocean reef.” Deb pointed out everything to us so that we could enjoy what this dive had to offer. We had plenty of time to check things out as we continued on our dive.

The next dive was a boat dive and we had one other person join us. This was a great dive as well. We were lucky to encounter the biggest turtle I have ever seen! When we got back to the dive shop Deb was gracious enough to get out a dictionary of fish so together we could look up the names of species we saw while on our dive. This was some of best diving I have had the opportunity to do. Roatan was spectacular!

The equipment we used rented from the shop was up to date and worked as it should. The attention Deb and the staff gave us made us feel comfortable and well taken care of. I assume that not every dive group is this small, but even if there were more divers, Deb would have spent the time making sure everyone had an awesome dive. We are planning another cruise and are going back to Roatan. We are looking forward to setting up our dives with West Bay Divers again.

Regards
Bill and Blanche

2  Thank William L

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I wanted to take a moment to give a HUGE thanks to Malcolm Hobbs, Dan, Debora Kan, Nick Lackoff, Damian and Naomi of WEST BAY Divers in Roatan, Honduras. My boyfriend and I went diving for a week, and couldn't have had a better time thanks to your crew!!! All of our gear set up/broken down, taken to the most amazing dive spots ALL over the island....we cannot give a big enough thanks! I was a bit nervous at first diving a bit deeper going for my advanced diving cert., and the crew couldn't have been more amazing and calming for me. We saw eagle rays, turtles, moray eels, sting rays, countless HUGE groupers and gorgeous corals, lobsters, king crabs, SOOO many amazing creatures! ANYBODY looking to go diving in a tropical paradise look no further! Whether you're looking to stay a week or two, or passing thru on a cruise ship, they can do it ALL! Conveniently located right inside the Paradise Beach Resort in West Bay, Contact Malcolm Hobbs or any of the staff there at: info@westbaydivers.com
Tel: (504) 97757295 OR (504) 33040618. Their website is www.westbaydivers.com.

Clean, safe, well kept equipment, just a killer time all around.
BEST diving experience we have had by far! Thanks again guys, and look for the video on youtube we'll post a bit later this week from all 15 dives!

1  Thank Bawstin
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great staff. They were very fun and patient as the four of us were either just certified or had not been diving for a few years. They took us through a quick refresher and a shore dive to get our buoyancy set and went slow enough to let our ears clear. We wanted to try a night dive so they let us read through the PADI book and take a short written test then signed off on our log after a successful night dive. They catered to us every day and took care of all our equipment, all we had to do is just show up at the shop. I highly recommend this dive group and we will use them the next time we visit Roatan, which can't come soon enough!

1  Thank Beaches2Sea
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We have been to Roatan on our honeymoon and took an Open Water Course and various fun dives with West Bay Divers and enjoyed it a Lot, because of:
- New and well maintained dive equipment
- well trained and Multi-Lingual staff
- Super friendly and Fun though super Professional staff
- very flexible and Customer Oriented
- very Good value for Money !!!
- really Great dive Sites (turtles, Sharks, stingrays, ...)

Thank you all so much for The Great experience - Special thanks to Naomi, our Great dive instructor !!!

1  Thank Kinski T
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Was referred to West Bay Divers by a local business owner. Was totally happy with my experience. I hadn't dove in 6 years, so started with a short in-shop refresher, then a shore dive with a few practice skills in 3m, followed by 35-minute dive. Followed that up with a boat dive. Everyone in the shop were very friendly, but a special shout-out and thanks to my lovely dive mistress, Naomi - you were a great instructor!

1  Thank Rick D