“Glad we went here...”
Review of Serenity Day Spa

Serenity Day Spa
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were staying at the west bay lodge and had some credit to use the spa... Glad we did that... I got a relaxation massage and the wife got a dep tissue Thai massage... Height marks for the entire experience.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"private pool"
"oil massage"
in 2 reviews
"staying at west bay lodge"
in 3 reviews
in 15 reviews
"masseuse"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was taking my scuba diving courses in Roatan, and had quite severe neck aches from carrying some heavy equipment on the first day. I had happened to meet a woman named Celeste the previous evening, and she mentioned that she owns or leases to a spa and massage parlor -- what a stroke of luck that I remembered this! The massage therapist who worked on me was named Yamileth, pronounced like "Jamalette". I picked from a menu of aromas for the massage oil, and she had me change into a robe and store away my belongings in a personal locker.

I chose the 50 minute full-body massage, and let her know I needed extra attention on my neck and shoulder area. It was so sore that I couldn't even bend my head backwards, and actually had trouble sleeping too. Her hands were firm and very precise, she found the knots in my back and loosened them up after a session that lasted over an hour (she threw in an extra 10 minutes because she could tell I really needed it!)

I immediately felt the difference... My neck and shoulders were still sore but were much looser and i had regained some mobility. Yamileth also explained that she only worked on my neck for 15/20 minutes because working too much on a muscle could cause more damage than help. she suggested I come back the next day for just 10-15 minutes for neck and shoulder only.

That turned out to be the best decision ever. By the time I left my second massage appointment, I felt like a totally new person and had full mobility back in my neck. Not to mention... Yamileth told Celeste about my neck, and Celeste gave my scuba diving instructor a heads up to have somebody carry my equipment for me the next day! Amazing service and hospitality! They also have cute mani/pedi options and other spa services. Highly recommended, very friendly and worth every penny.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband, my daughters, and I took advantage of a wide variety of spa services, including the salt scrub massage combo, pedicures (with super-cute Christmas motifs), and papaya facials. It was an excellent and unique experience for everyone. The massages included a few stretches that really helped release the tension from doing many of the intense activities available on the island (e.g. zip-lining, scuba diving, and dune-buggy rides in the mountain). I wish I had squeezed another spa visit in before leaving for snowy Ottawa...next time.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a wonderful experience at Serenity Day Spa in West Bay Beach on Roatan… I keep going back … wonderful salt scrubs get your skin glowing and ready for the beach, I can’t get over how soft my skin feels. Add to that an hour massage and a pedicure plus rum punch and you have pampering at its best!! it certainly melts away any stress! The staff is friendly, professional and well trained. And the price… oh my goodness, I pay more for only a massage in Canada. All in air conditioned, uniquely decorated surroundings. They even have couples massages!! An experience not to be missed when in Roatan!! I highly recommend it!

See more reviews
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Once I found this spa, I never looked back. Newly expanded and so inviting. Clean and tranquil. The treatments are amazing - chocolate facials? couples massages? bikini waxing? They do it all. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The location is great, right in the heart of West Bay. It's so nice to have lunch at Celeste's Restaurant (try the gourmet Baleadas!) and then have your massage or mani/pedi. Plus, they let you take your Rum Punch in with you - what's better than that?