“Yummy Grub at the Munkey! :)”
Review of Hungry Munkey - CLOSED

Hungry Munkey
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: We serve up fresh, comfort food including hot and cold Sub Sandwiches, the best Pizza on the Island, "meals to go", salads, and soft serve ice cream. We also have beer, soft drinks, and juices, loaves of fresh baked bread and pastries. Our sandwich bread, pizza dough, bread and pastries are made and baked on site daily. We are open daily 11 am - 7 pm (closed Tuesdays).
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My wife and I vacationed for a week in Roatan this summer and loved it! We were pleasantly surprised to find the Hungry Munkey located just off the beach at West Bay, nestled in a small shopping center. The food was great and we enjoyed chatting with the owners, Oliver and Rachael. It pays to get off the beach and stroll over to the Munkey. There is a great shop just a few doors down called So Tropical that is open on Sunday and has everything from booze to band-aids.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We were looking for a good sandwich for lunch. Since the little soho at Bananarama is no longer there. We found it here, the bread is made fresh daily, the meat and veggies all tasted fresh. The price was reasonable. They also have lasagna, which we cannot comment on as we didn't try, but I will next time.
Good luck to the new owners, you are doing a great job.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

I guess it's hard to compare Roatan sub sandwiches to what we have in the US, but all the exceptional reviews got my hopes up. Don't get me wrong, the sub rolls are very fresh and good, but the quantity of meat in the sub is very small. I would say the subs are good, but nothing to rave about.

Rachel L, Owner at Hungry Munkey, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry you weren't completely satisfied with your sandwich. It would be helpful if you could email me directly and let me know what kind of sandwich you ordered. As new owners, we are still working on improving/developing our menu and setting correct portion sizes. If there is a particular sandwich that we still need to work with our staff on, it would be great if you could let us know. Thank you!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

A short distance from the beach and resorts in West Bay Mall is where you will find the Hungry Monkey. I had a terrific jerk chicken sub. Eat in or take away, it is worth the very short walk
if a good sub sandwich is what you crave.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've been staying in West Bay for a few weeks, and have had my fair share of beach bar food. This was a refreshing escape a few steps from the hustle and bustle of the beachfront. Quick service and the owner uses local produce bought right outside the shop. And they cater to your requests: I ordered a signature sandwich that I wanted avocado on. It was generously added free of charge. The jerk chicken and turkey avocado are my favorite. Each large footlong sandwich was around 210 lempira and easily fed 2 hungry adults. I also added a huge chunk of juicy watermelon for $1. This is a must for a healthy alternative to the greasy establishments that saturate West Bay.

1  Thank OasisTycoon