“Beach Club Sans Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Beach Club

The Beach Club
Ranked #18 of 28 Restaurants in West Bay
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Italian, Pub, South American, Central American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located on the beautiful island of Roatan, The Beach Club offers the best beach experience in West Bay. Bring your family, friends or that special someone to enjoy wonderful days of sun, luxury, fine food and superb service.
toronto
“Beach Club Sans Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We made a reservation for our party of four. When we arrived I was impressed with the décor and feel of this place. It looked very promising. The place was empty, except for one nearby table and a few couples at the bar. The table they held for us was right beside a loud outdoor speaker. We asked for and received a table further in. It was nice.

Our server took our orders as a party of 25 arrived and were seated at a large table pre-set in anticipation of their arrival.
Fifteen minutes later, no drinks. I walked over to the bar and inquired. They arrived ten minutes later and were good.

A well-dressed woman arrived. In her arms she held a small dog in a feather-lined basket. She sat down at the lounger table near our table with her guy - all dressed in white. The manager of the place spent a fair amount of time talking with them. It looked like they were old friends. Their drinks arrived within 2 minutes.

Another party of eight arrived and was seated.

Sixty minutes later, still no food and the party of 25 are finishing their dinner.

I walked over in the direction of them, spot our waitress and ask when our food would be arriving? She gasped and said, "I am sorry, it will be there in 15 minutes."

Back at the table, the manager approached us explaining "there were issues in the kitchen because of the large unexpected party and our food would be along very soon.” As he said this, the party of eight is served their main course.

When our food arrived, the twin lobster tails were undercooked and cold, as was the Sea Bass. The Fillet Mignons were over-salted.

The vegetables included thick-cut blanched carrots - so rock hard we could barely cut them with the over-sized steak knife!

Our waitress asked if everything was OK?

I said 'No' and explained - adding it was a terrible dining experience and the carrots could be used as deadly throwing weapons.

She apologized for the cold food, agreeing that the carrots should not have been given to us and said she would talk with her manager.

The bartender removed our plates and offered us an Americano on the house, adding he would make it personally for us. It was another disappointment tasting as close to brown water as anything we had ever experienced in our lives!

Our server brought us the bill and advised that we were only being charged for our drinks. Yes, that was the right thing to do, but the damage was already done.
Not sure why I left our server a tip, but I did.

We chose not to visit Beach Club "Sans Service" again. Locals and long-term visitors we discussed this with were either shocked (opposite of their experiences) or not surprised at all.

I guess if we had a little dog in a feather-lined basked we might have had a better dining experience.

• Visited January 2011

Aumuhle, Germany
“the best place in roatan to chill out, eat, drink and sunbathe!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

Besides being situated on the best beach, it has extremely comfortable beds to lie on, delicious and light food prepared in an impeccably clean kitchen. It is very original in its decorations with super music. The staff are also very friendly and make great drinks. The restrooms are so clean you have no trouble walking barefoot and the showers have great water pressure (not a given on Roatan).We were in Roatan for 2 and a half weeks and spent almost two weeks there every day. The boutique also deserves a visit, it's always closed but just ask and they open it for you. They have great shoes with skulls on it! When cruise ships are on the island get there early because it fills up fast! Otherwise it's a very mellow chill out place! We also spent new Year's eve there and it was rocking.

• Visited January 2011
Fort Hood, Texas
“If you are in Roatan, don't miss this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

It is absolutely beautiful. The view is amazing. You can spend your whole day here without getting bored. It is right on the beach, so you can snorkel and have lunch. They have changing rooms, so you can clean-up and have dinner here as well. It is absolutely magnificent and I am a perfectionist. I have been a few times with my family and it is stunning. I feel like I am walking into a designer magazine. The staff is wonderful and the facility is so clean, even though it is all outside. My 3 year old, loves it as well, especially the hammocks. During the day, they have beds on the beach you can rent. I have never gone without my son, but I can see how romantic it would be if I ever did. The food is delicious. I have heard the fish tacos are the best! I don't eat fish, so I stick with the hamburger and club sandwich, which I love. For dinner, my husband had the lobster and he was in heaven. I had the speghetti and it was amazing, not your typical tomato sauce kind. Our favorite appetizer was the taste of trio, which included 3 types of dips and chips. They make all kinds of alcoholic drinks and they can make many of them into non-alcoholic for our son. The Beach Club also has a small shop. You can find designer clothing and purses. It also has espedrille shoes that are so cute and very comfortable. I meant to get another pair on my last trip...guess I will have to go back:-) The money from the shoes are donated to a small school in the mainland. It is a must go, if you are in or going to West Bay, Roatan.

Edmonton, Canada
“Great time at the Beach Club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

We discovered the beach club midway through our week vacation on Roatan. We enjoyed the great location, the excellent design and the proximity to where we were staying. We met Chef Francis on our first night and he made us some amazing food. It was so great that we ended up eating there the next two nights also. Chef Francis came to our table, asked us what we wanted to eat and then made some amazing food. I had cajun prawns one night and they were awesome, Sea Bass another night. He even made an excellent burger for when we just wanted some simpler food. Overall the staff was great, accomodating (we had a 5 month old with us) and the location made our time at the Beach Club a highlight for our time in Roatan

Edmonton, Canada
“GREAT atmosphere and the best food on the island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

We stumbled upon the Beach Club one night during our week stay in Roatan. Didn't quite know if it was a restaurant, bar or place to lounge. We found out that it is Roatans best kept secret!
The service was wonderful. Our waiters were friendly and willing to please. The atmosphere was trendy, hip and the music was great.
We met Chef Frank and he was willing to customize an order if we weren't sure about the menu. We had the burgers and they were great!
After the first night we decided to come back for the next two consecutive evenings. We would have came more, but had to leave the following day. On day 2, Chef Frank served up some amazing prawns in a garlic white wine sauce and on day 3, the best darn steak I had during my stay! The portion sizes were fabulous too!
This is definately going to be a hotspot for tourists and locals alike if the service and food is this great. We didn't get a chance to visit too much during the day as the weather was quite rainy during our stay. I understand you can rent out the chairs and beach beds.