“Great Diving Experience!”
Review of Anemona Divers

Anemona Divers
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We were 2 couples visiting Roatan and 3 out of 4 of us were certified divers. The Dive shop is located in a perfect area of the beach. As in probably most places on Roatan there are dozens of dive sites within only a few minutes on the boat.

Maria, the Spanish shop owner is wonderful! She really makes you feel welcome and almost like you're family. She really tries to make all efforts to ensure you get the best possible experience diving with them. I'm sure that if you had any sort of problem she'd do whatever she could to solve it. If there's any dive location or type of dive you want to do she'll make every effort to ensure you get it in.

I had Mike as the dive guide and he was great. Very professional but laid back and personable too.

They have a small sized dive boat which for me is perfect as it limits the number of divers allowed on each trip. The most we had in the water was 2 groups of 4 divers (plus the guides/instructors).

Maria may also be able to arrange accommodations for you so if interested, email her and see what she can cook up. We're certainly planning to go back to Roatan and we will be diving with them again, and I'll be checking with her on accommodations next time we go. In my opinion West Bay is the best place to stay on the island. It has the nicest beach around and you're close enough to West End to venture out there now and then.

We have a 9 year old son that I'd fully trust to these guys next year when he's old enough to learn.

If you're staying anywhere near West Bay, I'd certainly recommend them!

Reviewed January 3, 2011

I cannot say enough about this dive operation. Jose and Michael are caring, concerned, serious and possess the perfect temperament for diving instruction. My family (ages 11 -??) were amazed at how comfortable and patient they were towards us as we completed our Open Water Dive Certification. Maria, the owner is a sweetheart and makes you feel like you are an extension of her family. I would definitely dive with this team again.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

I just experienced my first scuba lessons and have nothing but high praise to reap upon the team at Anemona. Even as a longtime competitive swimmer, there was a bit of trepidation on my part to even consider doing the scuba program. Anemona's staff, Jose & Michael in particular, were incredibly professional and yet personable as heck.

I joined along with a family visiting from the States and the Anemona team handled us all so very well in each of our learning styles and curves.

We were treated not merely as customers, but rather as family seeking to get a thorough education on the many intricacies of diving from our wiser, more experienced older siblings.

I recommend the crew at Anemona highly, without any reservation whatsoever. Great value. Great experience!

1  Thank SpikeballPK
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I dove with Anemona Dive Shop to do my Advanced Open Water PADI certification. Anemona is at the end of West Bay beach. It's an adorable shop on the dock.

Sara was my instructor, but I also dove with Ronnie and Paul. They were all great! This was one of the best dive experiences I've ever had. They were knowledgeable, safety conscious, attentive, and so great! I did 6 dives with them. They were so professional about every aspect of the course and every dive. We received detailed dive briefings before every dive. I had extra time with Sara to review all of my skills before each dive. Sara is the best! We did a bunch of amazing dives, but the best was Pablo's Place!!!

After the dives, the shop was a great place to hang out and get information on things to do in town. My dad wasn't able to dive, and he hung out at the shop and really enjoyed getting to know everyone and seeing the dive shop in action.

Also, Paul took my sister and a friend on an introductory dive to see if they would be interested in doing more diving. I tagged along. He was fantastic! He took us to Mandy's Eel Garden. We kept the dive at 15 feet, but he showed them all kinds of coral and underwater creatures. They got totally hooked on diving!

I appreciated Anemona's great service, their sense of fun, their love for what they do, and their safety awareness. I also appreciated the individual attention. EXCELLENT! I will absolutely dive here on my next trip. You should too!

Reviewed July 30, 2010

Me and my wife dove there once.
It was terrible,we both felt unsecure, expecially right after the dive when the divemasters started smoking and drinking alcool, and they were going to dive again with some divers from a cruise ship.
We also rented the diving gear from them and we found bugs in it, even into the regulators there were some disgusting bugs.
I RECOMMEND NOT TO GO THERE.
We changed place and went to a very professional dive shop called MAYAN DIVERS on the same beach.
Safer,cleaner, BETTER!!!!.....and with the same prices.

3  Thank diveorama