“Amazing dives and even better staff!!!”
Review of Anemona Divers

Anemona Divers
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I don’t even know where to start. I can’t say enough great things about this dive shop. We were referred to them by the owners of the beach cabin we rented and we are so happy we were. Maria and the crew were wonderful from the start. Warm and welcoming right out of the gate. We decided to get our Advanced Open Water while we were down there because the cost is so much better than in the states and our instructor Pablo was incredible. Not only was he a great teacher, safe and through but he was a blast to dive with and really went the extra mile to make sure we have a great time diving. I’d have to say to date he is the best instructor and dive master we have had...he even took pictures of us on every dive and had a CD for us at the end of the week. Denisse, Annie, Raymond, Marcos…the whole crew were all helpful and fun and you could really tell they enjoyed their jobs. That makes such a difference. Captain Marcos was always ready with fresh cool watermelon when we came up from our dives…what a treat. And Raymond or Marcos came to our cabin every morning to pick us up and took us home most afternoons…talk about valet service!!! We left the island with not only our Advanced Open Water Cert and some great dive memories but with new friends. I can’t say enough about what a great experience it was.

There are newer reviews for Anemona Divers

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The regulator that was rented to me was broken so every 4 - 5 breaths I took I sucked in salt water. In retrospect, I should have ended the dive immediately but we were in a group of 6, had already descended, and were on a tight time-frame so I just sucked it up. It could have been a beautiful dive, my fiance loved it- for me it was very uncomfortable. Unfortunately, by the end of the first dive I had sucked in a little too much salt water and was feeling sick. I let the guide know of the issue- she tried the regulator and agreed with me that it needed to be serviced however was unable to refund me the difference for the second dive. I was sick because the regulator they rented me was broken but because I had the "option" of going on the second dive (with a different reg) they were unwilling to give me a refund for the difference. Additionally, they ran their boat up on the reef really hard- Divers are supposed to PROTECT the reef! They were really nice people but I wouldn't go back. Too many amateur problems.

AnemonaDivers, Gerente at Anemona Divers, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Good evening.
First of all sorry you couldn't enjoy your dive. I wish you would've loved it as much as your fiancee did. But, as you said, it was probably a very good idea to stop the dive the same minute you felt there was water coming in your regulator. That is usually because of a small leak due to a breaking of the mouth piece. Not in the part where you put your teeth, but in the plastic part that goes directly on top of the regultor. And that is REALLY hard to notice untill you use it underwater because the smallest rupture can cause the leak. For that reason, we always carry extra mouthpieces and regulators on board.
Once again, sorry you didn't enjoy your dive, but no matter how tight your or our schedule is, we never take time into consideration when it comes to our divers safety and satisfaction.
Greetings!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

If you are looking for a dive shop to help you get the most of the reef this is the one. Having a fun and experienced crew matters. This is the place. The prices are the best the dive masters are fun and Great. Safety first and your ultimate experience is their number 1 priority. I got a recommendation from a friend who has been diving there for a number of years. The best diving experience ever.
Dave W. Kelowna BC Canada

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from Roatan and are anxious to share our experience at Anemona Dive Shop. A dive instructor from Canada recommended the shop to us and we could not have been happier. My husband had been on one dive many years ago and I had never been and was quite apprehensive. I decided I would give the one day discovery dive a try.

Our instructors, Ruth and David, could not have been more helpful and encouraging. They allowed us all the time we needed to be comfortable with our dives. Both my husband and I continued on with our PADI certification. Ruth and David were very thorough in covering the course materials and completing all aspects of the course. After completion, we did numerous dives. Maria accompanied us on two dives and her enthusiasm was contagious. After two weeks of diving with them, we felt like family. Everyone was very professional. Marcos, the boat captain, was always helpful in getting us in and out of the water, and greeted us with watermelon at the end of each dive.

We would recommend this dive shop to new and experienced divers alike. The equipment and service was top-shelf.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We booked this dive through a 3rd party broker (which I would not do again) and they (the broker) did not communicate our dive requests to Anemona. It didn't matter - the staff at Anemona were exceptional and helped make it right. This place is exceptional and professional. Gear is top notch and clean (something I always check for) and the guide (Ricardo) was incredible. A great place and great service and great staff. I highly endorse and would go back in a second.