“a piece of Japan!”

Rendezvous Sushi Cafe
Cuisines: Sushi, French, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Roatan's Rendezvous Cafe des Arts and Sushi Grill serve fresh Sushi, grilled meats and seafood, Kobe beef, Ginger soy duck and other epicurean delights like homemade pies and desserts, Italian coffee, and French cuisine. Private tatami room. A tranquil setting 500 feet from West Bay Beach and the West Bay Mall. Walking distance from all West Bay hotels. Even the most travelled sushi connoisseur will find rare sushi delights here. Reservations required.
Paradise Island, New Providence Island
“a piece of Japan!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I am a sushi lover so really enjoyed my food here.. done proper!

Visited June 2011
2 Thank DeviLuva

Toronto
“WOW! amazing meal, memories, company, and CHEESECAKE!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We are a young foodie couple who dined at this LOVELY restaurant 1 night during our March 19-26th visit to Roatan. We LOVED it! A++

Admittedly $80 meal for two people (vs $35-50 other places), the extra price was well worth it. Rolls were approx $10 USD each, and were plentiful and beautifully presented. Beer was cheap. We didn't even consider wine, but they did have it available.

There was only 1 other couple there, so our conversation with the owners (from NY and Quebec city) was great. They literally open their home from 4:30-9pm each night and only serve a few tables (4 max). Such personal service was amazing. They came by to chat with us several times, but also recognized that we were a young couple on a romantic dinner so we were given privacy as well. True professionals!

We eased our way from bright seaweed salad to sashimi. The product was incredibly fresh. The restaurant owner does IT work on the side the fish/seafood importer on the island, so you're literally getting first pick of product that is uber fresh.

This rivals the very high end sushi places in Toronto (haven't compared to Vancouver though).

The highlight of the meal was dessert - freshly made cappuccino cheesecake. It was well worth it! So good in fact, we went back the next night just to grab a slice for dessert to enjoy it on the beach.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Madeline B
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Meticulous and magnificent”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My wife and I heard about this place from the owners' daughter, who served as the desk manager for the nearby West Bay Lodge; we were staying there, and upon checking in she put in a plug for the sushi restaurant. We are so glad she did! A few points to consider before you decide on Asian cuisine in a Latin American environment made by Canadian/American citizens (not that the combination should dissuade you...):

*You must make reservations ahead of time! The owner will respond quickly to emails, so I would try to make them that way.
*The dinner will last longer than you think it will. The sushi chef takes his time preparing the sushi creations, and his wife is the server/hostess for the entire establishment. You will wait a while for each phase of your meal.
*The sushi is more expensive than that which you would purchase in the United States. Plan on $8 - $10 / roll.

But boy is the wait worth it! The food is delicious! The coconut ginger soup was wonderful, the rolls we ordered were gigantic and flavorful (the "Mexicano" was our favorite), and the desserts are incredible homemade creations. The best part of the experience was the owners. They are sweet, friendly people with great stories about their lives and about being on the island. Come if only for the hospitality...but definitely try the sushi!

Oh, and the best spot in the place is the small table inside that faces the sushi bar. Ask for it if you can.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank SrP100111
Roatan, Honduras
“Always #1 in my Book”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have eaten sushi all over the world. Rendezvous is unique for there personal service, attention to detail and freshest fish on the island. I typically go in and give the chef some guidelines for my tastes and he does the rest. Its like having a personal chef who knows exactly what I like. Amazing! The atmosphere is romantic and quaint. I would highly recommend it to any one visiting the island of Roatan. Reserve a table and take your time to enjoy the experience. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

• Visited January 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“amazing restaurant with an incredible variety of sushi dishes”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I ate here Sunday night and was absolutely blown away by the incredible selection of dishes from starters to dessert ... I haven't had sushi this good in a long time and was amazed to find such genuine tasting home made sushi on a small Island. The restaurant has an fabulous ambience, the owners were friendly and very knowledgeable in sushi etiquette ... not only was the food incredible but I also learned I had been eating sushi the hard way for the past 15 years! 5 stars for sure!

• Visited January 2012