Tripadvisor
West Bay
All reviews sunset toast chef alex the hotel offers free marine biology secluded feeling small touches personalized experience favorite dishes fabulous hotel dive shop open water course master suite four nights dive certification best food on the island restaurant food is honey moon
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2020

We spent recently 4 nights here and it was not as advertised. We made reservations to dive 2 months in advance with dive master Francheska. Unfortunately upon arrival was told that she was busy taking other OUTSIDE guests on a dive and my husband who had a reservation was given one tank dive instead. There was NO apology. The dive master Francheska was very flip and rude to us. Warning go someplace else this is far too expensive for what you get. And the beaches are full of garbage. The water is also full of garbage.

Date of stay: December 2019
IbagariB, Manager at Ibagari Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2020

Good day, Donna.

I am sorry to read this review and not be a 100% in accordance with you. As we chatted with your husband during your stay and crossed a couple of emails later on, it is unfortunate to find this review through this channel.

It is true you had reservations 2 months in advance and our Dive Centre did try to stick to it. I, the manager, was present during the conversation with your husband and Francheska neither flipped nor was rude. An important fact that stands out is that during your 4 night stay, we had a storm going over the island which made impossible for EVERY dive centre on the island to go out diving and brought debris from elsewhere to our beach.

Last, but not least, we also apologized in person (front desk and dive centre personnel) and through email later on (management).

Reviewed January 6, 2020

Great experience! Amazing accommodations, great service, good food. On-site dive shop was a huge bonus, and the team was very professional. Location is also great and only about a 20 minute commute from the airport.

I'd highly recommend Ibagari for a quiet couple's getaway.

Room tip: Recommend one of the main suites overlooking the pools and beach.
Date of stay: December 2019
IbagariB, Manager at Ibagari Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Hi Matt! We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to leave a review. Thank you also for choosing us in your visit to Roatan. We're definetely glad you had a good time and enjoyed your experience on the island. Hope to see you back!

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Within 5 minutes of arriving at Ibagari, we agreed that this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We were greeted with tropical drinks as we entered a space with spectacular art that opens up to a view of infinity pools, white sand, and the sea. The architecture and design are exquisite in every detail. We stayed in the master suite (the Hati room), which included multiple sitting areas inside and on the expansive porch overlooking the ocean. The location is perfectly set between West Bay and West End, so we had easy access to the bustling areas without having to fight for a beach chair or deal with the constant barrage of vendors asking to braid your hair or sell you a bird whistle. Ibagari is a high end hotel that provides a tranquil environment focused on impeccable service. I was able to meditate every morning with the feeling that I was alone on the beach. Then I would open my eyes to find that someone had brought me cold cucumber water and fresh fruit skewers. The staff were all gregarious and helpful without hovering or being intrusive. Javier and Sergio went out of their way to arrange various excursions and activities. Lucas provided me with a guided first-time scuba experience that allowed me to progress and explore at my own pace (the reef is amazing!!!). Gabriel, Lourdes, Brenda, and the entire staff took the time to get to know us personally and always anticipated our needs before we even asked. We are extremely grateful for our experience at Ibagari, and we look forward to our next visit.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello, Marla!

We are so glad to have met you and have you as our guest in our little architectural corner. People like you are the reason why we do what we do. All of our staff enjoys watching a happy face on our guests and that moves them all day to be concerned about them.

Thank you for your review and for letting other users know about us, our location and our service. We truly hope to see you both back again.

Reviewed December 13, 2019 via mobile

I found Ibagari one night when I couldn’t sleep. Having seen the pictures I knew I had to visit, if just to admire the incredible design. Needless to say a year later we incorporated a stay into a trip around Central America. It didn’t disappoint, it is a truly fabulous hotel, the rooms are spectacular and very comfortable. The service is top notch to match. The restaurant food is also exceptional. My only minor niggle is that it was very expensive and the location is a little too secluded. That being said they do offer complimentary boat rides into West End.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IbagariB, Manager at Ibagari Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2019

Hi Emma! Thank you for your review.

It is good to know that you enjoyed our premises and services. We are a little bit secluded which is also one of the advantages, we offer to our guests privacy.

We appreciate you following your instinct to visit us and coming down to Roatan. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2019

I absolutely loved this hotel! The service is perfect, the design amazing and the location could not have been better.

The attention to detail was off the charts - I would love to design my house like this hotel, and I can't wait to go back and experience it again.

Date of stay: November 2019
IbagariB, Manager at Ibagari Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2019

Hello!

We thank you for your review! It is so nice to hear good words from our clients and guests. We certainly hope you come back again to live the "Ibagari experience" once more and get to do the "art of living" back home!