After a week in Funchal this was lovely and peaceful, set in a great place to explore the island or walk straight from the hotel, books are available to borrow from the reception. Our room was lovely with great views over the pool and down to the sea, the pool is more welcoming and warmer than it looks in the photos but could do with a little renovation. The restaurant food was very tasty and good value and a self service bar lets you taste several Madeira wines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atrio is a small family run rural hotel located on the sunny south side of Madeira island. Wonderfully placed at the edge of a pine forest, nature lovers and walkers find the perfect alternative to the hustle and bustle of Funchal city. A sizable cultivated garden invites you to unwind and relax. Each of our 22 rooms are individually decorated and offer a terrace or balcony with a wonderful sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Atrio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrio Estreito Da Calheta
- Atrio Madeira/Estreito Da Calheta