We hit the jackpot with this hotel. We traveled to Madeira in July 2012 with our two young children. We wanted to be out of the hustle and bustle of Funchal and experience some R&R and some more relaxing experiences. Atrio has it all . . . top-notch service, a great restaurant, a pool, nearby hiking trails, and birds and distant church bells. We loved that the restaurant and bar were available virtually whenever we wanted. We loved that the kids could explore the property and surrounding land without any worries. We loved that the hotel was so willing and able to help with travel arrangements, hiking tips, cabs, everything. It was total and pure perfection. I felt like we experienced the real Madeira and we spent only half a day in Funchal. We loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atrio is a small family run rural hotel located on the sunny south side of Madeira island. Wonderfully placed at the edge of a pine forest, nature lovers and walkers find the perfect alternative to the hustle and bustle of Funchal city. A sizable cultivated garden invites you to unwind and relax. Each of our 22 rooms are individually decorated and offer a terrace or balcony with a wonderful sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Atrio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrio Estreito Da Calheta
- Atrio Madeira/Estreito Da Calheta