This lovely, privately-owned small hotel, set in pleasant gardens with smart pool and shady courtyard area, has the ambiance of an old Madeiran manor house rather than a hotel.
The owners work very hard to please their guests and everything from the individual decoration of the eleven bedrooms, the beautifully maintained gardens, delicious home-cooked food and friendly, helpful staff, is spot-on.
The hotel is a little off the beaten track, around 30 minutes from Funchal. But for those visitors who like the simple things in life, good food, friendly hosts, homely surroundings, beautiful views, it's well worth the trip! We'll definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atrio is a small family run rural hotel located on the sunny south side of Madeira island. Wonderfully placed at the edge of a pine forest, nature lovers and walkers find the perfect alternative to the hustle and bustle of Funchal city. A sizable cultivated garden invites you to unwind and relax. Each of our 22 rooms are individually decorated and offer a terrace or balcony with a wonderful sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Atrio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atrio Estreito Da Calheta
- Atrio Madeira/Estreito Da Calheta