“Superb overnight stop”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denshaw
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Superb overnight stop”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

What a gem for anyone wanting an overnight stay just off the M62 and would also be perfect for anyone wanting to stay longer and explore the area. I couldn't have been made more welcome and it just so happened that I was the only person dining that evening. The restaurant is a lovely example of simple elegance and the food and service were superb.

The room had everything that needed and was spotlessly clean and comfortable.

The price was good too. Overall excellent standards and great value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Having scoured countless wedding reception venues myself and my future wife (still feels strange saying that!) opted for Clough Manor. I have always been familiar with the venue and was aware that it had changed its management a number of times in a short space of time, which never bears well...however, what the new owners of this beautifully located hotel offered us was nothing short of perfection! To judge Siobahn and her team on previous owners' merits would be a travesty. What they have managed to achieve in such a short space of time is extremely commendable. As soon as they took the helm we were regularly contacted and we arranged meetings to discuss even the smallest of details to ensure our special day/night would be everything we'd dreamed of- the same can't be said of the previous owners unfortunately. Kate took an active interest in what we wanted from our day and delivered that, if not more. The whole operation was slick and very relaxed as soon as we rolled into the car park in our vintage car to the sound of bag pipes until our heads finally hit the pillow. Not only was the hospitality exceptional but so was our meal. Ingredients are sourced locally and used to great effect. Every course was spot-on, even the childrens menu (which is often overlooked by some kitchens) was tasty and nutritious and they had no qualms in creating an individual main course just for my wife. The waiting on staff were very efficient, friendly and attentive, always with a smile on their face. The function room itself, where we enjoyed our meal (and dodgy speeches!) was very classy and the clever use of uplighting in the evening really set the party mood for the evening. The function room bar was well stocked and reasonably priced- everyone was well catered for in that department! The rooms were spacious and tastefully decorated- there weren't any problems even accommodating a family of four. The breakfast wake-up call from Siobahn was a lovely touch and it was delivered in her own wonderfully eccentric way :) Kate's support every step of the way was invaluable, she's a real 'people person'- even suggesting where to visit on our honeymoon having just returned from the resort herself! Overall, the whole experience was nothing short of perfect and if you too are painfully researching where to celebrate your big day I would strongly recommend this idyllic setting. Forget any reviews you've read before because with Siobahn, Kate and the team at the helm, Clough Manor and your big day are in safe hands. Thank you so much! :) x

3 Thank sjd82
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

what a day thank you clough manor for making it so special - the new owners are amazing and couldnt do enough for us, exellent food wow and aircon as it was a really hot day, we got treated so well and everybody comented on how nice the venue is,

Room Tip: everyroom is pieceful
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were assured on the telephone that we would be collected from the tram stop at newhay. Sure enough, when i called to arrange to be collected, i was told there wasn't any staff available to do so. They clearly should remove this feature from their website as it isn't true. Poor customer service and false advertising. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank denzzil
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have visited the restaurant tonight with my wife to celebrate my 60th birthday, also my daughter is having her wedding reception there next year. The menu and the food were excellent, the staff were brilliant. Its quite a classy place and we were delighted at the bill, very reasonably priced. Delighted that my daughter and fiancee have made the right choice for their wedding.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I got married at Clough Manor on 14th June 2013, and our day was perfect! When booking the wedding back in February I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews from previous guests, but took a chance and i 'm so glad we did! Siobhan and Kate were professional and helpful throughout the entire process, I was never left out of the loop and were there whenever I needed anything at all! The day ran smoothly and the guests were extremely pleased with the food and the service throughout the day, courses were served promptly and everybody enjoyed their meal.The room was ready in no time for the evening reception, and looked beautiful! Throughout the day Kate was very attentive and was always there for anything we needed. The bedrooms were lovely and every guest who stayed, the following morning commented on how well they slept and how comfortable their room was. Breakfast the following day was delicious, just what everyone needed after such a long night previously! Alll in all the day was spot on and I couldn't fault a thing!Siobhan and Kate were amazing and I am so thankful to them and the staff for such an amazing experience, for being so helpful and making our special day brilliant! Would definitely recommend to anybody thinking of booking them for their wedding!

1 Thank sunshineemma73
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just been for a meal there on a Monday night for my birthday with my fiance . We have a wedding booked for 2014 there so thought we would try the food . The new owners and staff are brilliant nothing is to much to ask, the food was amazing we had the steak and ale pudding and haddock and chunky chips , would def recommend this place . Lets hope our wedding day is jyst as perfect .they also went to the effort of bringing a candle out singing happy birthday with my desert. Kate and the chef ( sorry think his name was Alex) were brilliant !

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denshaw
Saddleworth Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#4 of 12 in Oldham
Best Western Broadfield Park Hotel

Been to Clough Manor? Share your experiences!