“Our Perfect Wedding Day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clough Manor

Clough Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denshaw
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Our Perfect Wedding Day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I got married at Clough Manor on 14th June 2013, and our day was perfect! When booking the wedding back in February I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews from previous guests, but took a chance and i 'm so glad we did! Siobhan and Kate were professional and helpful throughout the entire process, I was never left out of the loop and were there whenever I needed anything at all! The day ran smoothly and the guests were extremely pleased with the food and the service throughout the day, courses were served promptly and everybody enjoyed their meal.The room was ready in no time for the evening reception, and looked beautiful! Throughout the day Kate was very attentive and was always there for anything we needed. The bedrooms were lovely and every guest who stayed, the following morning commented on how well they slept and how comfortable their room was. Breakfast the following day was delicious, just what everyone needed after such a long night previously! Alll in all the day was spot on and I couldn't fault a thing!Siobhan and Kate were amazing and I am so thankful to them and the staff for such an amazing experience, for being so helpful and making our special day brilliant! Would definitely recommend to anybody thinking of booking them for their wedding!

1 Thank sunshineemma73

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just been for a meal there on a Monday night for my birthday with my fiance . We have a wedding booked for 2014 there so thought we would try the food . The new owners and staff are brilliant nothing is to much to ask, the food was amazing we had the steak and ale pudding and haddock and chunky chips , would def recommend this place . Lets hope our wedding day is jyst as perfect .they also went to the effort of bringing a candle out singing happy birthday with my desert. Kate and the chef ( sorry think his name was Alex) were brilliant !

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had my wedding at the Clough on the first of June this year and it was amazing.
We had moved with new owners their previous premises at the Hey Green and I am so glad that we kept faith as Siobhan, Kate, Alex and the team worked their socks off to make out day perfect. The hotel was spotless, the food sensational at both the meal and the evening barbeque, the wine flowed well and waiting and bar staff were quickand very efficient. The breakfast was excellent.
All in all the archive was seamless and I was particularly impressed at the service given to my guests with severe allergies who able to eat amazing food, the same as the rest of the guests, without worry our feeling they were being given something totally different.
The Childrens meals were fantastic too.
All in all I would recommend anyone to come to the Clough, either for a function or a meal out or a break. New standards are being set and achieved by the dynamic new team here. Communication is the key always. Tell Siobhan exactly what you want and she will do it for you!!!

Thanks again chaps, you made my day xx

2 Thank Rush2711
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Myself and my Mom stayed here on the band contest weekend and it was fantastic value for money. We arrived at 9 and were able to check in straight away. The room was clean and lovely and warm with a fantastic view. We arrived back at midnight to find the night staff waiting for us as we'd said we would be arriving back very late and were worried about being able to get back in. We had a lovely good English breakfast served by the lovely hostess who we can honestly say made us feel extremely welcome and was more than hospitable. Give the new owners a chance!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Alettended a friends wedding over the weekend. Alex the recepitionist, barman general factotum welcomed me and showed me to the room which was presentable and cosy with a sturdy bath (important to me as in the past I have once put my foot through the bottom of a bath).Lots of power sockets and prompt delivery of a requested iron and board. A youngish but enthusiatic and helpful staff.
Wedding meal was well cooked and well served bar service was swift and reasonably priced.
Breakfast was good reasonable choice and serve yourself (larger cups for coffee though please).
Check was seemless and local advice offered,
Nothing seemed to be too much of a problem and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Room 5 was more than good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stated here for a wedding, but the location of the hotel is ideal for the northern part of the Peal District. The hotel is only 3 months into new ownership, and first impressions would suggest that they are doing a great job. We had an evening meal that was delicious and at a fair price. The only minor gripe is the lack of water pressure in the rooms. The owners know of this and are working towards a solution. The room we stated in was clean and more than what we required for our stay. Overall this is a great hotel that is ideal for those wanting a stay in and around the northern part of the Peak District.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Myself and my husband have just returned from a one night stay at the clough manor as part of a stay for free when spending £75. This was a band contest weekend special deal and it was fantastic value for money. On arrival at 11am we were able to leave our car whilst we went walking for the day. On our return we were shown to our room which was at the back of the hotel and had patio doors leading to a beautiful grassed area with bistro table and chairs. The room itself was great and extremely clean and spacious and lovely and warm. Having stayed here a few years ago and experiencing many problems with heating, no hot water and faulty door keys i can confirm that all of these problems have now been resolved. The restaraunt was beautiful and the views were unrivalled. Although the menu was not extensive due to recent takeover what we chose was cooked to perfection and very reasonably priced, we actually struggled to spend the required £75. After a wonderful comfortable and quiet nights sleep we enjoyed a fantastic full English breakfast with endless supplies of coffee served by the lovely hostess who we can honestly say made us extremely welcome and was more than hospitable. All in all this was a great night and all of the staff were lovely and we will certainly be returning in the future.

Room Tip: The room we stayed in did not have a view but it was great for sitting in the garden and enjoying a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denshaw
Saddleworth Hotel
The Victoria Hotel
#4 of 12 in Oldham
BEST WESTERN Hotel Smokies Park
Premier Inn Oldham Central Hotel

Been to Clough Manor? Share your experiences!