“Wonderful Stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eagles Feast House

Eagles Feast House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Masset
Eagles Feast House
Ranked #2 of 5 Masset B&B and Inns
West Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful Stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had the luck of staying here last week. I had no idea what my travel agent booked for me but this time she got it right! April greeted me at the door with a warm smile and showed me to my room. It was very clean and comfortable.
I really enjoyed my breakfast in the morning with April. Haida Guaii is very spiritual and it made it much more so looking at April's beautiful art, and hearing story's about her culture. I would stay hear again and look forward to the next time when I can.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Westh2o

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We recently enjoyed a comfortable stay at this establishment in Masset. The room and bathroom were very clean and on one evening the artist owner actually cooked a fine dinner for us.There are not too many choices of accommodation in downtown Masset, but as long as one doesn't expect the Hilton you will be well looked after here, and a modern hospital is less than a five minutes drive away. All races are welcome.

By the way, eagle lovers will adore this little town with its many totem poles carved by a proud people called the Haida Nation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank NewYorkCityVictor
Courtenay, Vancouver Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

The Eagles’ Feast is a feast for all the senses. My wife and I stayed there for five days this summer. April White and Farhad Ghatan were our hosts, and they worked hard to ensure the success of our visit to their B&B and to Haida Gwaii. April White is a well-known, highly regarded Haida artist, and the B&B is her studio and gallery as well as a place where guests can stay. Her paintings are on almost every wall of the B&B, and they are a feast for the eyes. Farhad provides feasts of a different sort. He is a master chef and a talented concert-pianist as well – a magician in the kitchen and on the keyboard! I have never, *ever* feasted so well in a B&B! One of the most surprising and awe-inspiring sights I saw at The Eagles Feast was full-grown bald eagles on the waterfront lawn of the B&B, feasting on fish scraps.

Staying at The Eagle’s Feast was an unforgettable experience, as is spending time in Haida Gwaii, a getaway for the adventurous tourist, hikers in search of new vistas, nature and wildlife photographers, and art collectors in search of some of the best carvers and graphic artists in Canada.

Room Tip: Your best bet is the Kingfisher's Nest, a bit more expensive than other rooms, but larger, and w...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank critikat
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Farhad and April have developed and together run an exquisite B. & B. They are impeccable in every detail of making sure that their guests are treated to the highest quality of service and attention. Their B. & B. is ideally located right on the Hecate Straits. Many eagles and ravens are flying by the windows all day long. They are also very close to the gorgeous, wind-swept North Beach at the northern tip of Haida Gwaii.

We have stayed in hundreds of B. & B. s throughout North America and Europe. The Eagles Feast House is about as good as it gets !! April has her own Wind Spirit Gallery right in the main living area of the house. She creates gorgeous Haida framed art works which are displayed throughout the house. We bought two of her beautiful creations. Farhad's culinary skills are superb and we enjoyed several of his gourmet seafood feasts of lobster, crab, clams, shrimps, salmon, rock fish and several other seafoods that we had never had before. Farhad had caught all this fresh seafood himself out in the surrounding ocean! Farhad also organized a birthday party meal for us at which he sang and treated us to a piano concert. He is truly a Renaissance man !!

Our four day stay at Eagles Feast House was life-long memorable. We had a very, very hard time leaving because we felt so "at home" there ! We will be back again........Haaw'aa (Thanks, in Haida), to April and Farhad, for a fabulous experience.......

Room Tip: Attempt to reserve the Kingfisher's Nest Room. It has a 270 degree gorgeous view of the Hecate...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank CosmicImp

Been to Eagles Feast House? Share your experiences!