“High In the Canopy”

Congo Trail Canopy Tour from Playa del Coco
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Artola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Congo Trail Canopy tour is Guanacaste Costa Rica's most well known Canopy Zip-Line Experience. Try the original or the extreme canopy tour or try our horseback riding followed by a visit to our well known monkey sanctuary. We also have ATV tours and other activities available. You can chat with our English speaking representatives by phone or email or book your activity directly on our website. We also have other activities available for you to participate in from day trips to jet skis so please contact us if you have any questions.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We used Alex on the Beach (I will do a separate review) to book a private ATV and Congo Trail Canopy Tour. We left the beach near Riu Guanacaste and had a great tour guide named John. We were given the option to zip-line first or visit the beaches first. We choose the zip-line first. The zip-line is located in a tropical dry forest surrounded by tall trees. After a 15 minute ride along some back roads we arrived and were checked in and given all the rules and received our gear. Before the adventure started they offered a picture CD for only $30. The pictures are decent for the camera they are using. We had 51 pictures and 4 videos of our experience. We saw howler monkeys while up in the canopy. They do not like the sound of the zip-line so they try to be louder than the sound. It was very entertaining. We did not do the extreme zip-line but had a great time. There were 11 runs and 3 hanging bridges. This was our first time zip-lining so we have nothing to compare it to but we had fun. After the excursion you pay for your CD in the gift shop and they have your CD ready in 15 minutes or so. I appreciated that I was allowed to look at the content before it was packaged.

When we left the Congo Trail we visited two beaches (Penca Beach - white sand and Potreros Bay - dark sand), a bar (Las Brisas Bar), and a mountain top (Pacific heights) before returning to the resort.

If you have any questions please to not hesitate to ask.

TIPS: You can bring your own camera or GoPro for a great experience. If you are out of shape the walking to the first run can be be tiring but its worth it. The animal rescue is a great deal for only $5. The CD is a great deal for $30. Make sure you do the Superman on the next to last run.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Enjoyed all the attractions at the premise. Monkeys, canapé! Snakes, bridges, city tour, etc.
Great experience !!!

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My family and I booked zip-lining with Swiss Travel at the Westin. We had never done this before but the folks here made us feel comfortable and safe. We did the 11 line course - the longest line was 300 yards. One person in our group was afraid of heights (he was doing it for his wife) and they gave him a ride back to the beginning after 4 or 5 lines with no worries. Also, one of my in-laws was pretty winded and they were very accommodating and let her rest as needed and also rode the long line down with her. We purchased the DVD and would have to say it was well worth it - I didn't want to worry about taking pictures or losing my camera. By the end, I went down in "superman" style and my 13 year old daughter went upside down.

At the end, we paid an extra $5 each and did the little animal reserve - the kids held Isabella the 5 month old howler orphan. This was just as fun as the zip lining. Overall, it was fantastic.

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We went to Congo trail canopy tour due to it being 10 minutes from the Riu Palace where we were staying.
Note there are 2 tours here: the canopy tour and the extreme tour. The canopy tour is what we did. There are 9 zip lines. Half of which are extremely short and slow. The Tarzan swing and side by side zip lines are the other tour. The guides and staff were mostly unfriendly and impatient and made you feel rushed.
Like I said, proximity is what brought us here and I'm still glad we went. With young kids and scared adults in the group, the adventure was just right.
Carlos Campos (the guy on the beach with the yellow shirt and white hat) set us up with the tour and was willing to negotiate. His English is great and I would use his services again.
Best part was the small rescue center they had at the end! We held snakes and 2 different monkeys! Great memories!

1  Thank kidsdoc707
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were only here to see the animal rescue and it was my highlight. Being able to feed and snuggle with the monkeys was such a great experience.