“What an amazing place”

Congo Trail Canopy Tour from Playa del Coco
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Artola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Congo Trail Canopy tour is Guanacaste Costa Rica's most well known Canopy Zip-Line Experience. Try the original or the extreme canopy tour or try our horseback riding followed by a visit to our well known monkey sanctuary. We also have ATV tours and other activities available. You can chat with our English speaking representatives by phone or email or book your activity directly on our website. We also have other activities available for you to participate in from day trips to jet skis so please contact us if you have any questions.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was on the canopy tour with my daughter in law and my young grand daughter we had a marvelous time. The grounds are very well taken care of and the staff are just the greatest and made our visit very exciting. The gift shop people were very helpful in selecting items for some early Christmas gifts. The zoo was a place of wonder and getting our pictures taken with the small monkey was precious. I thank you for a lovely day and good hospitality.

There are newer reviews for The Congo Trail Canopy Tour

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Congo Trail Canopy Tour (Zip Line)
We drove to the Congo Trail Canopy Tour for the zip line experience. My wife Sara and I have never tried it but Sara's sister Marsha has done if before and convinced Sara and I to try it so off we go on a new adventure. After asking many questions about how much walking and was there any climbing of ladders and what the weight capacity of the cable system was I decided I could do it, understand I am getting older and certainly heavier, some might even say fat, so I had some concerns AND I am very scared of heights. Sara on the other hand simply asked if one of the guides would accompany her in a tandem configuration, they agreed saying they did that frequently and it would not be a problem. We trekked up the hill for several hundred yards to the first of 11 stations where they outfitted us in harnesses, gloves, helmets and accoutrements. They gave us very good instructions and demonstrations of both what to do and what not to do. Sara and Marsha LOVED it, myself not so much, in fact I chickened out about half way through and returned to the Congo Trail Center and waited for them to return. I am glad I experienced it but it was just not my cup of tea, however; I can't say enough good things about the guides. Even though I did not care for the zip lining, I had a GREAT time due to the guides, three accompanied us and one of them was the designated photographer, they offer a CD at the beginning and take some really great still photos and some video as well for a very reasonable price. They simply picked up Sara and hooked her up. They gave her the nickname of Little Sara Rita right away and simply took care of her and she had a wonderful time, and that made my day as well. They do ATV tours there as well. My personal experience could easily have gone bad if not for the guides and the great job they did interacting with us as well as performing their technical duties keeping us safe and secure in a professional, efficient and confidence inspiring manner. I should mention that everyone we came in contact with was professional, knowledgeable and friendly.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I are both about sixty, in fairly good physical condition, and this zip line was about as challenging as I would want.The staff was great and we always felt safe, they graciously took pics with our camera for us.Lots of monkeys to see in the tree tops and we had a great time.I think we can mark zip lining off our bucket list, I don't think we will do this again, but I would recommend this tour for all ages.

1  Thank sachem
Reviewed November 17, 2012

You certainly get what you pay for on this. You're going to be high up and you'll feel like the cables might snap but we survived. Make sure you have cash for a tip. We didn't and felt like chumps...

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great tour of the rainforest. They had an adorable little dog that greeted everyone as they got off of the bus. Quite the little P.R. girl, she was. Our guide was very knowledgeable and hilarious. He made everyone feel comfortable, even if you were afraid of heights.