“Hardwick Park”
Review of Hardwick Park

Hardwick Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Hardwick Park is a country park with a difference. Now a Visit England accredited attraction, it has survived since the 1750s when its then owner, John Burdon, created a sprawling ornamental park. Today, the remains of some of the original buildings he created can be seen throughout the park, which suggest the area has a richer story to tell. Hardwick Park is a great place to spend the day. Stroll through the park and admire the natural beauty of the lake, woodland and wildlife. The visitor centre also has excellent facilities including an interactive display, education room, cafe and toilets.Throughout the year there are a variety of events, activities, walks and workshops for all to enjoy.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have a long history with this park. Years ago before it was redeveloped, I used to use it as a training route for running. Quite often then, before there were any amenities or regular visitors, I had to it all to myself. What a setting for a morning or afternoon run.... just me, the paths, the lake the trees and the wildlife. I was spoilt. Today I live in a different county but I do back there for nostalgic visits. How it has changed. A lot of restoration, a visitors centre and car park. a children's play area. And it has been vastly expanded so you can walk or run for miles or on a sunny day have a leisurely picnic by the lake and take lots of pictures. Much has been spent on the park but perhaps more could be made of the temple. There is also a charge now for parking.The café is pleasant and offers outdoor and indoor seating. The toilets are fine and the small museum is interesting. Feed the ducks, watch the elegant swans and just relax. For me of course I now have to share this with hundreds of other visitors. Shame really I liked having it to myself.

2  Thank flamingstar
in 13 reviews
"gift shop"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A beautiful park - very family friendly. We went armed with fishing nets and balls but didn't really need them because it was a gala day. It was fantastically organised - free face painting, free Punch and Judy show, a production by the Jack Drum Arts Company and a brass band playing - what more could you want???? We had only planned to go for an hour but stayed all day - well done to everyone involved. We will definitely return and look forward to the new playground opening.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My wife Hazel and I worked here at an event and I was quite surprised at what a lovely place this is to visit. Over £10M pounds has been spent on the visitor centre and developing the park. Good parking, safe for kids, relaxing, scenic and a nice cafe. Interesting info on local history too. Close to the A1 so easy to get to. We'll be coming again but this time on a day off when we can enjoy it all properly.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The last review of the park complaining of car park charges is just a joke. £2 for 2 hours or £3 for the day is a small price to pay for a great day out for the family. This is one of the most beautiful parks I have ever been to in the North East. This was our first visit on the recommendation of a friend, so when I stood at the parking pay station I thought shall I go for the hour option or all day, I opted for all day and boy oh boy I was not disappointed.
First stop the café, great stuff at a fair price, next stop, gift shop, 2 bags of duck feed 50p donation each, 1 fishing net £2.50 and a great kite for a fiver, toilets totally clean, on to the park.
Ok kids play area tiny with little to do, BUT and this is a big BUT they are almost finished building a new one with loads to do, looking at it, it should be finished very soon.
Next the park its fantastic, its just so beautiful, all I can say is go see it, its also mostly flat so great for wheelchairs, there's wooded areas, lots of lakes, picnic tables in lots of areas, and follies around every corner.
OK IM GOING TO PUT THIS BIT IN CAPITALS, .........NOT BECAUSE IM ANGRY BECAUSE IM NOT, BUT THIS IS WHAT IMPRESSED ME MOST....... NO LITTER ANYWHERE.... AND BOY DID I LOOK. I first noticed how clean and tidy the place was after about 10 mins, after about 30 mins I started to look for litter NONE ITS TOTALY perfect.
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF, FOR A GREAT DAY.
My recommendation is if you have never been go see it. ITS FANTASTIC.

1  Thank stephen w