“Best Prime Rib ever!”

Dee's Family Dining
Ranked #9 of 19 Restaurants in Burk's Falls
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The restaurant was very clean and the staff was very friendly. We showed up late (didn't realize how late it was) and the staff kept the restaurant open just for us! My husband had the prime rib and said it was the best he has ever had, loved that it came with Yorkshire pudding. I had the lasagna, which tasted so fresh, not overpowered with spices like "chain" restaurants.

We just bought a cottage near by and will definitely make this our go to place!

2  Thank NorthernMama72

Reviewed August 7, 2013

All the food is microwaved, or reheated. I had the scallops, they came with a bright orange breading and ICE cold. The owner said they had a new chef and "she doesn't know how to do some things properly yet". When I received my new order I did try them to give it a chance...they were dry and tasteless. I don't know what I was expecting eating bright orange breaded scallops.

The lasagna was a very large portion and my husband said it tasted ok but he felt like he was eating yesterdays dinner. Drink prices were inconsistent, it was actually much cheaper to order wine by the glass than by the litre or half litre, why would I pay double? It should at least work out to the same price.

We expected fresh food at this "Bistro" and only got a microwave special.
It's a real shame because the place was clean and looked nice. The owner severed us, she said a waitress called in sick and she was very nice and friendly. I just don't understand why some restaurants can't learn that people want fresh food made with fresh ingredients? It seems like an incredibly simple thing to do. Don't they want to succeed?

I can reheat or microwave orange breaded scallops and last nights lasagna at home.

We will never return.

2  Thank ufp_girl
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Quaint restaurant. Staff were untrainedand seemed cclueless of the food. Salads were disappointing.
Lasagna was ok. Roast beef dip was tiny for the price.

Service excruciatingly slow. Over 1 hour to get a sandwich.

1  Thank Aspto