“WORST service I've ever received.”

Capt'n Billy's Restaurant Bar & Grill
Ranked #29 of 41 Restaurants in Port Dover
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Waterford, Canada
“WORST service I've ever received.”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

A few friends and I decided to try out Capt'n Billy's. We sat out on the patio, and literally waited almost a half hour before getting any service.. Finally, I went inside and ordered a pitcher. The waitresses served everyone else on the patio but us. I couldn't even order food. So disappointed.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank peacebone

Australia
“Nice food and alot of choices”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The food here was typical bar food with quite alot of choices though. You could sit inside or outside. We thought the food was really good & not to expensive. The staff were helpful & friendly.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank AussiesfromSydney
Simcoe, Canada
“The WORST food I've EVER been served”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I’ve walked by Capt’n Billy’s on a busy weekend. The restaurant looks very inviting with the garage doors open, patrons eating pizza and drinking cold pints of beer. I visited this establishment on a Thursday night when the town was a bit sleepy. I was in the mood for some good pub grub and thought it would fit the bill. We ordered two draught beers, a house salad, a pound of hot wings and a chili cheese quesadilla. The chili cheese quesadilla isn’t an item on the menu. We were recommended it by our waitress, Tanya. Tanya also recommended that I try the house dressing which was raspberry. My salad arrived looking like a bunch of yellow pieces of iceberg lettuce with dried up radishes and cucumbers. Upon closer inspection I noticed that’s exactly what it was, adding brown on the edges of the lettuce and diced tomatoes. The ‘raspberry dressing” was on the side. Despite the look of the salad I piled some on my fork dipped into the dressing and bit in. OMG…seriously?!? The in house dressing tasted like soap….it wasn’t a raspberry vinaigrette (like one might expect), but this thick creamy-ish pink concoction of something. I’m pretty good at guessing what ingredients are used in what I’m eating, but I can’t even begin with that “dressing”.
The chicken wings were brought in a basket. They were really big and thick with meat. We asked for our wings crispy and saucy, these were everything but. The wings were huge and tasted like boiled meat in flash fried breading. The breading was wet and soggy, when I bit into the wing the breading kinda slid off.
The chili cheese quesadilla, I didn’t touch. Tanya told us it was over cooked and if my husband didn’t want it that way she’d take it back and make a new one. My husband politely accepted it. I never said much about my salad as the wing basket hid it from his direct view. We already both agreed the wings were crap at this point. The quesadilla’s were okay at first, as he got to the third one he said he was fooling himself and tried to eat them because he was hungry. He said it was “disgusting” and wondered why they came with a side of Ranch (why not sour cream?).
I complained only about the salad and we picked up the rest of the bill. I would never recommend this place for dinner to anyone. We discussed on the ride home that it was the worst meal we have ever been served. Thank God the beer was cold.

2 Thank GrlInt3rupt3d
“Just okay”
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was a nice, clean restaurant and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Unfortunately we had to wait a long time for the food and were rather disappointed in it when we received it. We found it to be quite bland. The patio looked nice and the doors were open to let in the night air but unfortunately it also let in many mosquitoes and the cigarette smoke from outside which was a little distracting. Given the nature of the food there we found that the prices were a bit high.

2 Thank mpl19
Brantford
“Great”
Reviewed May 11, 2009

It would be good if there were some daily specials. The price is a bit high on some items. The food is great! The atmosphere could use a little "something" The girls are really nice.