“Excellent Fish”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Dover
The Erie Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Dover
Reviewed May 22, 2012

You want a excellent fish dinner this is the place to go we love it and always have a good time at the Erie Beach.The menu has a great variety to pick from,i love there hot roast beef dinner.A must try is the celery bread yum yum.When in Port Dover this is place to go,there may be a wait for the food when there very busy and they will tell you so,just relax the food makes up for wait.We Recommend it too all,you will go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank schken

Reviewed March 4, 2012

My friend and I stopped by for a late lunch and thought it would be fun to have a "girls" week end and go to the summer theater. We went down to reception to inquire about the rooms and the man at the desk was rude and not very forthcoming with any information about events around the town. We left there and proceeded to another hotel and was greeted much better and given the info we wanted. Needless to say we will stay at the other hotel in the summer.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank TinkDundas_On
Reviewed February 26, 2012

As a child my parents took us to this exceptional restaurant at least once a year. We always dressed up as this was an upscale restaurant and we dressed accordingly. Now almost 40 years later I still make it a point to travel down to Port Dover to enjoy The Cove Room restaurant. Granted I don't dress up now as times have changed but the exceptional service and the atmosphere here has not. Much of the decor in the restaurant is the same giving it an elegant feel. The tables are still done in cloth table clothes and live flowers adorn each one. The waitresses wear pristine white uniforms while the waiters are in black and white giving the a formal impression. The food is excellent always. I have never had a complaint once in all the times I have eaten their. Their lake erie perch is the best, but everything on the menu is good. The salad cart and celery bread are signature trademarks that have been around since my childhood. I highly recommend their pickled pumpkin! It is delicious and now you can purchase it to take home! The salad cart has all the classics, coleslaw, bean salad, cucumber salad, marshmellow salad, pickle tray, and another signature classic of theirs horseradish jello. Should you enjoy any of the salads they have cards with the recipes to take home as well as on their website. You even get the recipe to make your own pickled pumpkin. Their celery bread is an excellent accompaniment to all their meals and I love it. I always leave satisfied and planning my next trip back just to eat here. I don't mind the 2 hour drive. It is so worth it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank IamTdot
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Although I enjoy this establishment and have no complaints about their food or service, I felt compelled to write this review based on a charity auction I attended in Hamilton last night. The organizers solicited gift certificates from many establishments, all in the hopes of raising money for the charities they had chosen. The Erie Beach Hotel donated dinner for one. I have never seen such a cheap gesture. Come on Erie Beach, next time either donate nothing, or have a little more class.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank RM1Paris
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights (Sun & Mon). The location is excellent, right near the beach. It was nice & relaxing during our stay. The rooms are average size & we had a queen size bed with a small bathroom. No fridge or hair dryer or coffee maker. No lift to take yiou to the 2nd floor, so not good if you're a traveller with a huge suitcase and the stairs to the upstairs are a little narrow & steep. The pillows were flat & lumpy & no spare one in the room so had to ask for extra pillow.
The hotel is a little tired & out dated, but comfortable enough to sleep there, although on reflection, I think a little expensive, but not many hotel choices in the area. We didn't stay in our room that much anyway. Alot of choices where to eat from bar food to restaurant food. A really casual atmosphere though.
Due to its location near the beach & friendly staff we would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AussiesfromSydney
Reviewed September 1, 2011

stayed a few weeks ago had room # 13 small rooms but were not in the room often
enjoyed Port Dover tried different places all were great

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank go-away
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Stayed here for one night. I booked the room mid week for the following saturday and was fortunate enough
to get a room as they are generally booked solid through the summer weekends.
( and you must reserve 2 nights for these weekends). Okay here we go.....
ROOM: we had a queen bed with a comfortable mattress and basic run of the mill
furniture. Nothing fancy here....after all it is a motel ..probably intended for fisherman
and families years ago. Basic and clean bathroom, plenty of hot water, no soaker tub
just your average. Television was a newer flat screen but small 20" so bring your glasses. We had a window that would open for a breeze, but it was hot and humid so the AC was on most of the time and it is an older style unit and noisy, but it does the job.
This is not a very big motel, there are 2 floors. We stayed in room 15 which is at the far corner next to the fire exit. You can exit here for faster exit to the beach and facilities.
Plus you feel safer in the event of a fire or emergency. If I went back I would book the main floor because you can sit right out in front of your room and people watch and enjoy
the scenery. I believe all rooms are non smoking. If you smoke, its best to book the main floor,as to sit and puff.Book facing roadside! There is a huge golf green class lawn right in front of you and it is elevated. bring your boce ball game..its perfect for that.
RESTAURANTS: We had dinner at the COVE in the motel. It is good. 3.5 star. Go here if you want pickerel or perch. It is very good and it is deep fryed. Most of the fish is breaded and fried. They do offer steak and roast beef, but I think most people go here for
fish. Nice ambiance and white table cloths....we spent $80 with half litre wine.
The TERRACE: Same as the COVE but totally different atmosphere. Bring your kids
go for a pint of beer ,dress casual,.Huge round wooden tables, so good for large groups.
Outside of these 2 restaurants, most of the establishments seem to be basic burgers,
fries, fried fish, hot dogs , ice cream etc. Go up the hill and try and make your first right
and look for a CREPE restaurant....it is fantastic! Most main crepes are $12 ...we had a chicken avacodo,cherries,carmelized onions, covered in a maple syrup sauce...AMAZING!
Opposite this restaurant and across from the park is JUSTINES...had excellent eggs
benedict and regular breakfast. $7.50 not bad for this calibre of food.
All in all a good stay, but a tad pricey for the room $124.00 including taxes. But it is prime
time and this place is right in the hub. You can walk everywhere and they have parking which is a bonus .There are not that many places to stay, so I think this is your best bet
if visiting Port Dover. The beach is steps away and the water was warm and shallow.
Great for kids. the beach was crowded , I must say.
This is part of the main draw. Beach, water, family,boating,sight seeing, and LOTS of motorcycles...everywhere. Would I go back to this hotel? NO. Not worth over $100 in my books. I would go back for a day trip no problem. ..as I only live in Hamilton..45 minutes
away. And because there are just too many other places to visit along the coastline....maybe Turkey point next?

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Turkey Point
No photo provided
Maple Leaf Motel
#1 of 1 in Delhi

Been to The Erie Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!