“Buffalo Ranch Wings!!!”

211 Main
Ranked #8 of 40 Restaurants in Port Dover
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casually contemporary gastropub. Multiple level patios and interior space great bar with TV's, extensive wine selection, 8 draught choices, with a great cocktail and imported spirits list. 211 offers a diverse menu with options of great wings,pizza, kids menu, with many fabulous entree features! We strive to appeal to all people and occasions. Come visit us at 211 and we will do our best to make your experience the best ever!
Simcoe, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Buffalo Ranch Wings!!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Perfect blend of bite and deliousisness! :)

Not usually a wing kinda guy but these were amazing! I know people like wings cooked differently, some grilled, some like them wet and messy when they arrive....Not a fan of messy so I asked if they could be coated and thrown in fryer briefly after. Done to perfection!

Also try the Garlic Parmesan wings, something different and so much flavor!

Great atmosphere and food!

And great value, I think it was like only $12 for a pint and a pound of wings!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank thekevinallen

Port Dover, Canada
“How can you screw up chicken wings?”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We decided to check this place out. We walked in and were quite impressed with the atmosphere, but things went quickly downhill from there. We ordered chicken wings that had clearly been sitting for awhile. Either that, or they just didn't hear the timer go off indicating that they were cooked because they were so dry we could hardly believe it. All of the food tasted like it was pulled out of a grocery store freezer section and the wings couldn't have been Pinty's. We complained about them and our server called the owner over, who didn't even make eye contact with us, never mind apologize for the mishap. No effort was made whatsoever to accommodate us for the inconvenience and instead we left feeling like an inconvenience. This place has clearly been designed as a watering hole so that they can sell lots of drinks and make lots of money from that. We just felt like that the energy of the place had no class. They are not there to serve, but rather to be served. Brutal!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Christopher S
stacie h, Owner at 211 Main, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
I'm sorry to hear that your experience at my restaurant was so displeasing. I am however confused about the details that you describe during your unpleasant visit. I am the very proud owner of 211 MAIN and would have been the person you describe as being aloof and non apologetic. I not only have no recollection of said visit but I can assure you that our chicken wings have become extremely popular and are quite delicious. I have never been aloof with any of our customers and have always compensated an unhappy customer. It is one thing to complain about a meal that you have not enjoyed however your comments regarding me as well as your opinion of what our establishment represents are quite honestly inappropriate and offensive. If you decide to return, I will happily buy you a pound of chicken wings.
Port Dover, Canada
“Valentines Day Treat”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I was hesitant initially coming here because of the poor reviews I had read about this place on here, but since living in the area I felt I had to give them a chance. We had made reservations (4 of us) two weeks prior for 7 pm. One of the past reviews was that reservations got lost, but they were expecting us, plus we were also able to choose between two areas so that was nice. We were seated and our waitress Tina was at our table taking our drink order. She was very attentive all evening and we didn't have to wait to get drinks or have our plates removed when we were done eating. Another previous complaint was that the service was slow, and the food cold, this was not the case last night. The place is small, with eating on the main floor, plus seating upstairs with tables for two. If your sitting upstairs, there's not much to see, in terms of a view, but then you can concentrate and be attentive to the one your with, lol. When it was time to order, Tina explained what the specials of the night were, answered any questions we had, and gave us time to decide. I had the stuffed chicken breast with roasted veggies and garlic mashed potatoes. It was all good. My friends had a chicken, one had salmon, and my wife had the apple brie chicken melt, which was very good also. For dessert our friends had the chocolate brownies with vanilla ice cream, and we shared the apple crisp with vanilla ice cream. As a special treat, there was a strip of caramelized bacon in our apple crisp which added a nice taste. Also as an added treat there was live entertainment from a local singer. The music was nice, not to loud so you could carry on a conversation. When we got our bills, they were accurate. We had spent 2 hours that only seemed like an hour. The owner Stacy had come to our table and said hello and wished us a lovely evening. As well, chef Andrew also came out to the main floor and went around to tables asking how everything was, this was a nice touch. The wait staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The food was good, in a friendly atmosphere. Judging from some previous reviews, this place has improved plenty over the last couple of months, we will definitely return and eat here again. Thank you Stacy for a great Valentines Day experience!

• Visited February 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fun and Friendly Local Spot”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Eight interesting beers on draft, from Rolling Rock (Pennsylvania) to Canadian. Live music when we went. Sports bar TV on the main floor, tables for groups on the upstairs (yes, lots of stairs, but worth it). Good service, fairly good food. Not elaborate, but good every day eating. Perch sliders were fresh and local. Calamari was too big and tough, but tasty. Try for the down-the-center food, and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
Port Dover
“Food and Exercise”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Yes, you have to climb up quite a few stairs to get to the restaurant. Ask for a table on the patio if its nice out or on the main floor, thus avoiding climbing even more stairs upwards. I have a pasta dish/seafood combo and it was very tasty. My Missus had a pasta dish and said it was very good also. Great place to eat and not as expensive as up the street. They use lots of garlic in their pasta dishes.

• Visited September 2013