“Great fish dinner!”

Erie Beach Hotel Cove Room
Ranked #5 of 42 Restaurants in Port Dover
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is part of the hotel, and is opened to the public. Family Dining, accommodates large groups. Call for reservations.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We enjoyed the perch and pickerel dinners! The salads were great as well. You are able to choose from a variety of home prepared salads.
Don

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Really good perch. The service was really excellent as well. Jamie liked the salads/sides more than I did, but there was enough variety that there was something for everyone. Sure the decor is old, but that's part of the charm!

1  Thank John16Jamie
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Visited Erie Beach Cove Room in June with girlfriends and went back Sunday with family, as we had enjoyed so much. young and older loved the Retro decor some people seem to complain of! It is very clean, comfortable and great service, food and prices for what you get. Best fish anywhere! Two of family had never been before and found it equally enjoyable. Steak dinner as well as scallop dinner were well prepared and tasty. Desserts all homemade and good variety if you still have room after delicious meal. Hope to return again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were with another couple when we visited, but if we had been by ourselves we would have turned around and walked out when I saw the condition of the inside of this hotel. We were going for a Lake Erie perch supper and I'm sure other places could make a better meal. The only saving grace was the good service we had. The fish pieces were so small you couldn't tell the difference between the fries and the fish. The meal was served warm.....not hot! The celery bread which others have raved about was greasy. I asked my husband for his opinion and he said.....mediocre. I wouldn't have been that kind. I won't go back.

8  Thank bevandersen
Reviewed August 28, 2013

It amazes me that people rave about this place. I have been there several times only because my in-laws seem to like it. The decor is retro 50's (or should I say has not been updated since the 50's). I must admit that it is does look clean but dated. The staff look great in their whites and are quite friendly and attentive. What my gripe is about is the quality of food. On this occasion it was my spouses birthday on Saturday in August at 6 pm. We all ordered the special which was prime rib at $22.95 each. We were all really looking forward to enjoying this great cut and all ordered it med/well. A nice thick slice of prime rib was delivered and soon as we cut into we all found that it was well done. Being that I didn't want to make a fuss especially since I wasn't paying for it I decided to eat it anyways. What a big mistake. Talk about shoe leather. The meat was so tough and over cooked that I couldn't chew it. My spouse and I only struggled through half the meat and took the rest home for the dog. Also, how do they get away with the salad cart thing? I don't understand how the health board allows them to wheel this cart table to table with no refrigeration, sneeze guard or anything. I avoid the cart just imaging how many people have coughed or sneezed in it's direction. Needless to say, this was the last time that we will eat there. Too many disappointing meals, high prices and we have better places to spend our money.

9  Thank gottogo2012