“Love the old style of service!”

Erie Beach Hotel Cove Room
Ranked #4 of 42 Restaurants in Port Dover
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant is part of the hotel, and is opened to the public. Family Dining, accommodates large groups. Call for reservations.
Ohsweken, Canada
“Love the old style of service!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife, myself and some dear friends were here last night as we love coming to Port Dover. At the last minute, we decided to eat here, as we have in the past. there are homemade salads already on the table awaiting us. The servers were in white old fashioned outfits and were quick to take care of us. I had one of their daily specials...grilled pork chop. this monster was seasoned very well, and was a large bone in pork chop. The vegetables were seasoned and not mushy like some restaurants. For dessert, I had their home made pecan pie. I made the mistake of ordering this heated. Dang, almost burned my mouth! Very tasty and not too sweet like some pecan pies can be. My wife had their specialty...perch plate. If you love perch, this place does it right! We recommend this for anyone who loves old style service and great home made food! Overall, a great dinner and great service.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Rick P

Oakville, Canada
“Back Again”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I have come here once a year for the last number of years and I have always found the food fresh and plentiful. We eat in the Cove dining room as it is a more formal room, where the Terrace room is where you go to have lunch. I have also taken clients out to lunch to the Terrace Room as that is where they wanted to go, as they are local (Simcoe) and know the food is always good.
The place was busy but without a reservation we did get a table (Saturday evening). The young waitress was gave us the specials, delivered the hot celery bread but we settled for the Lake Erie Beach perch dinner, and took our order. She then returned with the all you can eat salad cart which has some of the most unusual but extremely tasty offerings. I had never had pickled pumpkin nor a horseradish appetiser (lemon jello like topping on top of a custard like layer that I have found to be very tasty without tasting the horseradish) until I ate there. I didn't get the history written on the menu about the food selection or the owner who started it all this time but I am sure they still have copies if you asked for it.
The dinners arrived with plenty of hot fish and vegetables that we couldn't order dessert. I have ordered their pies in the past and I believe they are homemade and delicious. At $22.99 a plate I don't think that to be expensive for all you get, sure the ambiance hasn't changed in years but it is clean and the food is always good and the service cheerful and helpful. I once stopped for gas in Hamilton Ont. and was asked by the attendant where we were coming from. When I told him, he asked if we had the celery bread. Apparently the place has a reputation and I'll be going back.

Georgetown, Canada
“This place never changes”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Erie Beach is a must visit when you come to Port Dover. Go to the Terrace Room and have perch, celery bread and a pitcher of beer. You may have to wait a while for your order but its worth it. The fries are better than they were, this was an issue for many years but they have improved in this area. Perch is expensive fish but worth it. There have been very few changes in the thirty years I have been going ro this place. You can go downstairs to the more formal restaurant and have fabulous home made salads and desserts. The price is higher but you get what you pay for

Burlington, Canada
“Overpriced Perch”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

First visit back to Erie Beach Hotel Restaurant in five years specifically for perch. Was so looking forward to it. Drove over an hour to get there. $16.99 for a lunch meal that consisted of 7 small pieces of perch, corn, small portion of so-so fries and a piece of celery bread. Not good value. I believe all the Port Dover restaurants get together and set the outrageous prices for the perch. Not sure about anything else. This particular meal would have been bearable had the perch been fresh, tasty and special!It was none of the above. The Port Dover restaurant owners in general, and the Erie Beach Hotel dining room in particular, have priced themselves right out of this tourist coming back to eat here any time soon. Have plenty of disposable income and love going out to dine.

5 Thank Jenny J
St. Catharines, Canada
“Fresh and Delicious Perch”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you are looking for fresh caught Perch this is the place to go in Port Dover. We went for lunch and were not disappointed. It was the best Perch we've ever had - large portions, lightly breaded - delicious! A great place for families and large groups with plenty of seating and large tables. We'll be back soon

• Visited July 2013