“Highly Recommend!”
Review of Willow Shores B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitowaning
Willow Shores B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Manitowaning B&B and Inns
Gatineau, Canada
“Highly Recommend!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Willow Shores many times over the last few years and in every room. Charlene and Gord are constantly upgrading the B & B and the grounds. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful coffee sitting place in the morning, than the sitting room with large windows overlooking the Bay. Every room has been carefully decorated with different themes and clean fresh bathrooms. All are wonderful to stay in, from the larger Music Room to the smaller cozy Autumn room. The food and hospitality is A+ and in a fantastic location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I've just returned from a two week working trip on Manitoulin with my colleague and I know we we both felt so fortunate to be placed in the welcoming arms of Char and Gord and the totally delightful Willow Shores. On reading other reviews I see visitors lucky enough to have found this haven, rightfully gushing about the kindness, hospitality and good humour so generously given at possibly the best B+B I've ever stayed in ! Char's breakfasts are something to behold, as are her other evening meals ! I cant thank them enough for making our stay so easy, I hope one day I can return with my family to this fabulous home with one of the most outstanding views..I won't forget watching the frozen lake come to life, skimming stones and the banter with Gord !! Thanks again...Neil and Ellyxx

Room Tip: I didn't stay in it but what's called the Music Room has a view to die for. All the rooms ar...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were warmly welcomed by Gord and Charlene into their beautiful home. The room we stayed in was extremely comfortable, and very quiet.
Charlene cooked us a huge breakfast in the morning and sent us off with a hug.
I will definitely stay there again :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Torino, italy
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and me stayed in this wonderfull B&B on Oct 11th and 12th, the location is simply fantastic as the house and the rooms. But, most important, was the kindness and the very warm welcome recived from Charlene and Gord that made our stay, for our anniversary, simply great.
Charlene helped us to plan a perfect visit of the island and prepared delicious breakfasts and dinners. We felt really at home, far from our home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paolo G
Bruce Peninsula
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Willow Shores' owners, Gord & Charlene, are not only friendly & welcoming, but ambassadors for the Island, suggesting places to eat & visit; we particularly enjoyed Charlene's hawberry and 'turtle' tales.
Time can be spent outdoors in their Memory Garden, down at the shore, or visiting on the deck with other visitors.
A healthy breakfast includes fruit and 'from scratch' muffins; other menu items are bound to give you a good start for the day.
We look forward to a 3rd visit to this B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Music & Chief's Rooms - both have good ventilation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at this B&B last year,never thinking we would be that way again sio soon,but found ourselves passing through Manitoulin Island again this summer. We therefore automatically thought to return to Willow Shore. This is a modern private bungalow home on the edge of the village of manitowaning,and about 30 minutes north of the South Baymouth ferry.
Charlene and Gordon are very friendly and welcoming hosts who really do their best to make guests happy and at home. They have about 4 rooms, but the best one is where we have stayed the 2 times we have been there, the Music Room. This room is large,bright,and affording a lovely view of gardens stretching down to the Bay. It has one large bed which ( alas!) is too soft and somewhat lumpy. The bathroom has a sunked tub and all necessary facilities. |Breakfast is hearty,homemade. I did exhaustive research last year to find a decent place to stay on Manitoulin, and Willow Shore was what I decided on. Having been there now twice, I would still happily recommend it to anyone spending either a night or a few days on the island. There is a good local restaurant called Harvest Garden about 15 minutes drive away.

Room Tip: The Music Room is bigger,nicer than the others. It costs a wee bit more but is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank unclepaull
Reviewed August 6, 2012

While overall this is a nice B&B, if you are considering staying in the Autumn Room there are some things you need to know. It is an interior room with no windows. There is an opening at the top of a high bedroom wall, which opens onto the living room. This is the only source of light and air.
Thus the room is very dark and stuffy. It has a small floor lamp and two bedside lamps that do not provide enough light even in the day. The only ventilation is a small fan that doesn't oscillate and doesn't reach the bed. So the room is warm in the summer even though the rest of the house is not. The room desperately needs a ceiling light and fan.
The room is also quite small. But it is nicely furnished, has a very nice modern bathroom, and has a good sized fridge.
Other than this room, the B&B itself is quite nice. The shoreline with chairs is very pleasant, and the hosts are nice. Breakfast is good. I'd recommend it if you stay in one of the other rooms. I actually think they should charge less for the Autumn room.

Room Tip: Beware the Autumn Room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Travel D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowaning
Manitoulin Hotel & Conference Centre
#2 of 2 in Manitowaning
The Meldrum Bay Inn
The Meldrum Bay Inn
#1 of 2 in Meldrum Bay

Been to Willow Shores B&B? Share your experiences!