“Great anniversary”
Review of Willow Shores B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitowaning
Willow Shores B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Manitowaning B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and me stayed in this wonderfull B&B on Oct 11th and 12th, the location is simply fantastic as the house and the rooms. But, most important, was the kindness and the very warm welcome recived from Charlene and Gord that made our stay, for our anniversary, simply great.
Charlene helped us to plan a perfect visit of the island and prepared delicious breakfasts and dinners. We felt really at home, far from our home.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paolo G

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Willow Shores' owners, Gord & Charlene, are not only friendly & welcoming, but ambassadors for the Island, suggesting places to eat & visit; we particularly enjoyed Charlene's hawberry and 'turtle' tales.
Time can be spent outdoors in their Memory Garden, down at the shore, or visiting on the deck with other visitors.
A healthy breakfast includes fruit and 'from scratch' muffins; other menu items are bound to give you a good start for the day.
We look forward to a 3rd visit to this B&B.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Music & Chief's Rooms - both have good ventilation.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed at this B&B last year,never thinking we would be that way again sio soon,but found ourselves passing through Manitoulin Island again this summer. We therefore automatically thought to return to Willow Shore. This is a modern private bungalow home on the edge of the village of manitowaning,and about 30 minutes north of the South Baymouth ferry.
Charlene and Gordon are very friendly and welcoming hosts who really do their best to make guests happy and at home. They have about 4 rooms, but the best one is where we have stayed the 2 times we have been there, the Music Room. This room is large,bright,and affording a lovely view of gardens stretching down to the Bay. It has one large bed which ( alas!) is too soft and somewhat lumpy. The bathroom has a sunked tub and all necessary facilities. |Breakfast is hearty,homemade. I did exhaustive research last year to find a decent place to stay on Manitoulin, and Willow Shore was what I decided on. Having been there now twice, I would still happily recommend it to anyone spending either a night or a few days on the island. There is a good local restaurant called Harvest Garden about 15 minutes drive away.

Room Tip: The Music Room is bigger,nicer than the others. It costs a wee bit more but is worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank unclepaull
Reviewed August 6, 2012

While overall this is a nice B&B, if you are considering staying in the Autumn Room there are some things you need to know. It is an interior room with no windows. There is an opening at the top of a high bedroom wall, which opens onto the living room. This is the only source of light and air.
Thus the room is very dark and stuffy. It has a small floor lamp and two bedside lamps that do not provide enough light even in the day. The only ventilation is a small fan that doesn't oscillate and doesn't reach the bed. So the room is warm in the summer even though the rest of the house is not. The room desperately needs a ceiling light and fan.
The room is also quite small. But it is nicely furnished, has a very nice modern bathroom, and has a good sized fridge.
Other than this room, the B&B itself is quite nice. The shoreline with chairs is very pleasant, and the hosts are nice. Breakfast is good. I'd recommend it if you stay in one of the other rooms. I actually think they should charge less for the Autumn room.

Room Tip: Beware the Autumn Room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Travel D
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've stayed in many B&Bs and this is one of my favourite. The hosts go out of their way to make you feel welcomed...from the delicious breakfasts, conversation, information, use of the grounds and kayaks/canoes etc. etc. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Willow Shores.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Willows Shore B&B greatly exceeded my expectations! Charlene and Gord go out of their way to make you feel like family.They help you plan your day and provide you with maps and ideas of things to do. They really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay on beautiful Manitoulin Island. The B&B was very clean, cozy and comfortable. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The breakfasts were delicious and as were the home-made muffins. I especially liked the free use of the kayaks, canoe and paddleboat. I would recommend this B&B to all my friends and family and look forward to returning to Willows Shore!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I took the late ferry from Tobermory over to South Mouth Bay. We arrived around 10pm. The 20 minute drive to Willow Shores Bed and Breakfast was well worth the stay. The room was well kept and a very good size. Our room had a king sized bed as well as a private bathroom and bar fridge. High-speed wireless Internet was also available. In the morning Gord and Charlene made an excellent breakfast and helped us to find some of the local attractions on Manitoulin Island. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mistermightymoose

Been to Willow Shores B&B? Share your experiences!