“The best place to stay on Manitoulin Island!!”
Review of Willow Shores B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manitowaning
Willow Shores B&B
Ranked #1 of 1 Manitowaning B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Willows Shore B&B greatly exceeded my expectations! Charlene and Gord go out of their way to make you feel like family.They help you plan your day and provide you with maps and ideas of things to do. They really go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay on beautiful Manitoulin Island. The B&B was very clean, cozy and comfortable. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The breakfasts were delicious and as were the home-made muffins. I especially liked the free use of the kayaks, canoe and paddleboat. I would recommend this B&B to all my friends and family and look forward to returning to Willows Shore!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wife and I took the late ferry from Tobermory over to South Mouth Bay. We arrived around 10pm. The 20 minute drive to Willow Shores Bed and Breakfast was well worth the stay. The room was well kept and a very good size. Our room had a king sized bed as well as a private bathroom and bar fridge. High-speed wireless Internet was also available. In the morning Gord and Charlene made an excellent breakfast and helped us to find some of the local attractions on Manitoulin Island. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mistermightymoose
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Willow Shores while we were vacationing on Manitoulin Island. The home is very comfortable. We stayed in the Music Room. The king size bed was super comfortable, the bathtub is deep enough to soak in, and the landscaping and grounds are totally peaceful. You even have your own little kitten that comes to the balcony to say "hello". I'm glad we stayed in this nice large room, which also comes equipped with a fridge. Charleen was incredibly helpful, wrapping up my leftover breakfasts in a to go container, which we enjoyed for dinner later in our journey! How wonderful is that??? The breakfasts were delicious, especially the apple concoction with the oat meal. YUMMY! There are left over biscuits for the guests in the afternoon, as well as a variety of teas and coffees. We would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank robundle
Reviewed September 13, 2011

First I would like to thank Gord and Charlene for there warm friendly hospitality. This was our first B&B experience and didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly suprised with our rooms cleanliness, comfortable bed and beautiful bathroom that we extended our stay. Make sure to ask for Charlene's egg's benedict absolutely to die for!! We came on our Harley and were able to park it in their garage which was an added bonus. The location is central and is a good starting point to tour the island on a motorcycle. If the weather cooperated we would of stayed even longer. Kudos to Gord and Charlene for making our experience a happy one!! Cheers!!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Liked every aspect of this B&B. Can't be beaten. The other reviews have covered it completely.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John J
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Friendly hosts who went the extra mile and made your stay so special. The location was breathe taking, everywhere was spotlessly clean and the breakfast was to die for. I've never felt so welcome.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This really does feel like staying with someone, rather than just being given a room in somebody's home.

Charlene and Gord are lovely down to earth people who have decided to open up their home to others until they are ready to fully retire.

The décor may not be as chic as some, but is comfortable and clean with an enviable lakeside position. We had the large "Music Room" with its own decking area looking down towards the lake.

In the morning, you join your hosts and other guests around the table for “family” conversation and breakfast. If you're lucky, Charlene will send you on your way with some of her home baked muffins. She's up at 6:00am to make them!

If you want somewhere with a view, this is a good place to stay with genuinely nice people.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowaning
Manitoulin Hotel & Conference Centre
#2 of 2 in Manitowaning
The Meldrum Bay Inn
The Meldrum Bay Inn
#1 of 2 in Meldrum Bay

Been to Willow Shores B&B? Share your experiences!