“Good but service lacking”

Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Anchor Inn Hotel is located in downtown Little Current on Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada. The Hotel offers a great restaurant, lively bar, room, and nice inexpensive rooms and kitchenettes. We are located across from the re-developed waterfront and municipal marina, and also have a cool street-side patio and two streaming web-cams.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is now the only place in little current by the marina to have a sit down meal. I had the daily special - a basic chicken sandwich with fries and my partner had the whitefish. The waitress asked if I wanted mayo on the sandwich, I said yes. I also asked for gravey on the side for my fries.. I got neither. The sandwich had no sauce/ butter at all so I had to ask for mustard. Whitefish was ok but lacking taste. We left a tip on the table and went to pay at the counter. When I was punching in my debit info and said no to a tip the server said "arn't you going to tip" I said I left some change on the table.. I was not impressed by that remark. I also would have liked to sit on the patio but there is very limited seating.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stopped there for late lunch in a beginning of August and chose to sit on a patio. The whitefish and the salmon were done to perfection - the fries were better than the mashed potatoes, but still pretty good.
The service was excellent. Would recommend it for sure.

P.S.
Make sure to specify that it is a dinner portion, otherwise you will get a much smaller piece of the fish.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had lunch there on July 23rd. The waitress came out and said she forgot our drinks (after waiting a fair amount of time) and laughed and then went and got them. She got my wife's drink order wrong. The whitefish sandwich was undercooked and slimy. The fries tasted like fish as well and were soggy. Service was slow, and the food was not very good.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The white fish was outsanding. Really enjoyed the experience. The dining room could stand a little renivation but the food and service were excellent. Would recommend it for sure.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a northern Ontario summer tourist town on the world's largest fresh water island. This is not a metropolitan centre so do not expect nor rate the facilities as such. Having given that caveat, we found the place very hospitable, even when patrons were lined up patiently waiting to get in. An easy stroll from the docks. Bar on one side, restaurant with a small outdoor seating area on the other. Good and varied lunch menu. Lunch for 4 with tip C$60. Very enjoyable jalapeño cheddar white fish on a bun with poutine. As was the roast beef sandwich special. Salads for the other two. Place was very clean, Service was good and waiting time for our order was short.