“Great quality selections, dog-friendly outdoor seating, splendid desserts”

Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Anchor Inn Hotel is located in downtown Little Current on Manitoulin Island, Ontario Canada. The Hotel offers a great restaurant, lively bar, room, and nice inexpensive rooms and kitchenettes. We are located across from the re-developed waterfront and municipal marina, and also have a cool street-side patio and two streaming web-cams.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were initially attracted here because of the possibility of taking our dog with us on the patio. After checking with the patio patrons, our mutt was blessed and in we went. We were pleasantly surprised with nice daily specials, good waitstaff, and quality draft beers. Our dishes were quite nice, and we lingered for some time with friends under no pressure. The whitefish tacos were very good.

We returned the following night and had a similar experience. I had a black and blue steak salad which was wonderful. I also had perhaps the best cheesecake I ever tasted, which was made in house that day. Again, the service was right and even the owner stopped to check in on us a few times.

We returned for a third night and sat inside. The food was again very nice, and I enjoyed a very nice bread pudding for dessert. Service was quick even though the place was nearly full when we arrived.

This is a quality establishment.

1  Thank Jeff P

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My family had the opportunity to eat at the Anchor Inn while waiting to start our Norh Channel charter the end of June. Food was excellent! Fish tacos were the highlight, while the rest of the family had the whitefish salad, grilled chicken salad, and cheeseburger and fries. Each meal was presented well and service was excellent. Was able to sit outside on the front deck. While a little pricy, the overall food and service were outstanding.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

The food was some of the nicest and best value we have had in the two weeks we have been traveling round Ontario.
Danielle the waitress was lovely and even gave us some wild strawberries she had picked that morning.
It had a really strong community atmosphere but still made us feel very welcome as English tourists.
We were very sorry to leave.

Anchor I, Owner at Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for your kind review, and in particular your comments on Danielle. We love all tourists, and often have travelers from several European countries staying in our rooms upstairs, or eating dinner in our restaurant. Sometimes I can be the only Canadian in the room. Isn't that what traveling is all about?

I will post your review for the staff to see and give Danielle a pat on the back, and then see if she has any more fresh strawberries. :)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My wife and I have a summer cottage on Manitoulin and we get up to Little Current fairly often. On every trip we stop at the Anchor at least once and have never had anything but a great time along with terrific food and service. What makes it even better for us I am mostly vegetarian and my wife is vegan. Despite the fact that they do not have a large list of vegetarian options, the servers and the chefs are totally willing to work with the special requests we make and, in every case, they served us great tasting meals. Also without fail, all of the staff are friendly and very helpful. If you are looking for a modern, Applebee's setting, you're in the wrong place. This building is very old with tons of history and character and to my taste, much more enjoyable. So don't judge the book.... Go in and meet the locals and have a great time along with really good food at more-than-fair prices.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We have been cottaging on Manitoulin for over 30 years and during our stay we always make time for a visit to Little Current - just in time for lunch at the Anchor Inn. We love the rustic charm of the place - although the decor may be simple they offer good food along with warm & friendly service. The place is always busy when we are there - locals, cottagers like us and a lot of sailors who have moored their vessels and stop by for a bite to eat and a beer! We return every year and have always enjoyed our meal and service.

Anchor I, Owner at Anchor Inn Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. We are a bit of a gathering place for locals and summer residents. Over the years we have also become the unofficial headquarters for recreational boaters on the North Channel. We, the current owners have been here for 20 years this summer, and we sincerely appreciate when people take the time to comment on their experience at our Hotel. Our heartfelt thanks.