“Always 1:00 and Saturday!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Silver Birches Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Current
Silver Birches Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Little Current
“Always 1:00 and Saturday!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Garry and I stayed here a few years back and we returned on July 6 for a long weekend and had the best time. The location is great, the cottage was rustic and charming. They have, i think 22 cottages, but you feel as if you are alone when at your own cottage, very private. Rachael and Corey are welcoming and friendly, enjoyed spending time with them at the end of the day. Garry and I will certainly be back to visit Silver Birches again very soon.

Room Tip: all cottages are very private, we stayed in cottage #9
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Friend97, Manager at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hello friends ! Yes always Saturday but only 1:00 when you are here. Thank you for the great memories...they will not be forgotten....see you sooon !!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

My grand daughter and I had a wonderful time at Silver Birches and have already planned next year's holidays there. Rachel, Corey and the family made us feel at home and entertained us with their wit and charm. They are knowledgeable about interesting places to visit on the island and very helpful when I needed information about local crafts and good places to eat. The cottage was beautiful with a window that looked out on the bay. It was clean, bright and came with all amenities needed during our stay. The fishing is good and Corey knows where the best spots are on the bay. Cannot wait till next year.

Room Tip: ask for cabin #1 if you need a 3 bedroom and #4 for a 2 bedroom
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer W
new liskeard ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We never laughed so much in our lives! Rachel ,Corey and family make you feel like you have been going there forever.We had a lovely secluded cabin ,but people were only minutes away.The view was amazing,especially yhe sunsets! We are not sure who loved it more us or our dog.This place is very pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank summergirl61
Friend97, Manager at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind words...missing you guys up here but will see you in the future !!!
toronto, ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed here in July for two nights. We were completely unprepared for the poor condition of the cabin. To start, there were holes in the walls that let mosquitoes in at night, animals (birds) in the roof, and the corner of the kitchen had a leak and to mask it, they had placed a carpet mat over top, but the mat was squishy from the water leak and it was disgusting. The fibreglass shower stall was standing in the middle of the washroom not attached to any walls which made it feel like if you moved the wrong way, it would fall over. The waterheater was right beside it in the middle of the bathroom. There was a used q-tip on the sink... really gross. The BBQ was unusable due to fact that it probably had never been cleaned. Luckily we were camping the previous nights and so had our own pots and pans to use. The pool was advertised as being unheated, which was true, however it clearly had the equipment to be heated but the heater was broken. Further, there were matresses stacked up beside the pool. I wish I had taken pictures, as it was truly unbelievable. Like one of the previous reviewers experienced, the owners spent the two nights partying with friends. It was very unprofessional.
We have never had such a poor experience in a hotel. Ever.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
16 Thank wnuk
John O, Owner at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
I as the owner was never contacted by this person who decided not to contacted me. In reading the review I have no idea what cottage this person is talking about and therefore I am unable to comment directly on any specific cottage. I do know that there are no wall holes in any of the cottages and no cottage has a shower stall and a water heater in the middle of the bathroom. This would be an impossibility. I do not understand the comment about the BBQ in that it appears the reviewer used the BBQ with his pots and pans. I do not understand why the reviewer did not simply use the pots and pans and stove in the cottage as all cottages are fully equipped. There could not have been a broken heater in the pool because the pool is not equpped with a heater. I do have a manager, Rachael, who is not the owner, who has an uncanny ability to put guests at ease and to listen to any needs that they may have. The reviewer seems to have viewed guests having a good time with Rachael, after work, as having a relection on the resort. I would never discourage guests from having a good time at the resort with themselves or with Rachael as long as they did not irritate other guests. The reviewer does not state that his stay was interrupted by these happy guests or that they irritated his stay at the resort. Part of my manager's job description is that she make sure the guess are happy and I would say that Rachael does a super job at this. It is my opinion that Rachael is very professional and that you would be hard pressed to find a more caring and hard working manager any where on the island.

Travelers are raving about these Little Current hotels

lougheed, Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here because it was close to the function that we were invited to but if we had known what it was like we would have never booked. The room had clean sheets (thats the only good thing), we were only given 3 towels--had to ask for extra towels and a facecloth. We booked in April/May for our stay in Aug. They charged it through on our credit card--so they lived on our $322.00 for 4 months. There was spiders and cobwebs in all corners, and the window inside and out was covered with cobwebs & spiders. On Monday a.m. there was no hot water, the grass had not mowed. This place was not appealing and I'm not the only one that has these complaints.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
20 Thank maxinelougheed
John O, Owner at Silver Birches Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
I am the owner and I have never been contacted by this person. The web site is very clear about where I am and how to contact me. I cant see how paying in advance for an accommodation is a proper complaint. It is like saying that you paid for a flight to Mexico and then complaining that you had to pay in advance. Airlines would not consider a booking without paying in advance. The comment about "other people having these complaints" is not fair in that neither I nor the readers can deal with "other people" in any meaningful way. I do have many people who write us glowing comments about their stay and about the manager's expert help and service. The comment about "other people" is derogatory and inflamatory and not of very much use to readers.
Aurora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

if you are looking for a place to truely get away from it all this is your place. We rented a one bedroom cabin . The cabin was rustic with a beautiful view of the water. The cabin was insolated we could not see or hear any of our neighboroughs. It was completely peacefull. From the water in front of our cabin we witnessed the most beautiful sunsets. If you are into sunsets and quiet firers in the evening this is your place. Rahcel the owner is very personalable and very helpful. This resort is also located very close to the cup and saucer trail which we did all 12K of it. It was beautiful. If 12K is a little to far for you they also have smaller loops. The views however are are a must do. We also went into Gore Bay one day and ate at the Rocky Racoon. Also a great find with wonderful food .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Southwest Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2009

Visit this place in person to take a look around before you book a cabin. Don't rely on the website. There is raw material here for a good resort if they put a lot of work into it and learn how to run a resort properly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
17 Thank Rouge_River
As an owner I find this review to be not useful at all. The comments are extremely general and not specific at all. Saying not to rely on the website is not helpful to the readers. As an owner I have no idea what this person is complaining about. Is the reviewer saying that I am lying or misrepresenting the resort? Who knows. This review is 3 years old now and we have had a lot of renovations since then. This review is therfore dated and not current and therefore not helpful to the readers. Saying that "they have to learn to run a resport properly" is not useful and not specific at all. I'm unable to comment on or consider any specific complaint and therefore I can't comment on anything the reviewer is saying. This review in general is unfair to the readers and unfair to me..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Current
#1 of 28 in Manitoulin Island
Wayside Motel
Wayside Motel
#2 of 2 in Manitowaning

Been to Silver Birches Resort? Share your experiences!