“false advertising”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Little Current
Brantford, Canada
“false advertising”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

owners should be ashamed of themselves for the treatment we received- price change from telephone quote- no internet in some rooms- no hot water-put in a very outdated room when others were available

Room Tip: ask to see room first
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ls0
Peter g, Owner at The Hawberry Motel, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
I apologize on behalf of previous management for this miscommunication. I would love to have you as my customer and I ensure you that no such problems would arise again as your comfort is my reward!

Peter Gandhi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights. The beds although low to the ground were comfortable. Beware of the scalding temperature of the tempermental hot water taps ! The wood floors also can transmit footsteps a little too well. Walking distance to the rustic Anchor Bar.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Roadhemi
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Upon entering the room, the stale odour was the first thing noticed. Then the freezing cold. I turned the heat on, left for work for four hours, came back to a still-freezing room. Put on warm pjs, climbed into bed and ended up using the covers from the second bed for warmth. The next morning, shower, the shampoo packet had been opened and used. How disgusting. The hairdryer sounded like it was going to blow up, but luckily I had brought my own. Alas, the plug in the bathroom didn't work. Oh, and the parking lot was glare ice, everywhere, with no attempt or indication that sand or salt had been applied. The weather was perfect that day and the day before, so it had to have been an accumulation. I will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ruth C
Bancroft
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at the Hawberry Motel in Little Current on our way to the ferry at South Baymouth.Evie was delightful and helpful on the front desk. It was a standard room; very clean,comfortable bed , fridge and T.V. Just Right. Ate at Garry,s Restaurant great White Fish.Thanks Evie.

Room Tip: Book ahead for a deluxe room.
Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank leslie088
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I were in Little Current for a very special reason. I was born in Little Current 62 years ago and never had the opportunity to travel "home." Having a comfortable and friendly place to stay was therefore very important to us.

We read the reviews on the motel before checking in and out of the majority of the accommodations on the island saw that the Hawberry Motel had the best ratings for an affordable and friendly stay. We were not disapointed.

My husband and I were pleased with the comfort and cleanliness of the upper level room that we booked. It was cool with the air conditioning and all other appliances were in excellent working order. There were lots of fresh towels, pillows were comfortable. Great reception regarding wireless access, television reception was very good as well.

The other residents that stayed at the motel were friendly. We didn't have to worry about any noise. There was a really nice view from the side of the motel. Very close access to downtown area and wharf.

Evie, the host was the lovliest young women. My husband and I thought she was a real sweetheart. She checked with us to make sure that all was well and if we needed anything. She was interested in where we were from and excited to hear our story of why we were visiting Little Current.

Staying at the Hawberrry was truly one of the highlights of our visit and I know we would come back to stay again. We would recommend this Motel to anyone!

Thank you, Evie!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Cathy H
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2011

We went on a fishing trip to Manitoulin Island and decided to stay in Little Current. We toured the town looking for a place to stay, checked few motels around and thought of trying Hawberry Motel as it looked very attractive and maintained from outside, so we went and checked out the rooms. We were two families so we had two separate rooms. Both the rooms were impeccably clean. The beds were very comfortable. We had free internet service which was great. The staff was friendly and made us feel as if we were at home away from our home. They were very kind and looked after our needs. We were so comfortable that we decided to stay one extra night and extended our stay to three days. We would definitely recommend this motel. Can’t wait to go there again. Thanks Hawberry Motel for making our trip so enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cindy P
Collingwood, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My wife and I checked into the Hawberry Motel Aug. 31 after a very uncomfortable night at the Anchor Inn further downtown.

We started looking for other accommodations first thing Wednesday morning (8:30 a.m.) and quickly decided to stop in at the Hawberry for a look around.

The proprietor greeted us immediately and we were instantly charmed with her helpful manner and friendliness. She quickly showed me a couple of basic rooms, which were perfect for our needs. When I mentioned we were looking for wireless Internet access, she suggested a room closer to the front of the motel where the signal was better.

We decided to take the room, which was a perfect size for us, including a small refrigerator. The bed was quite comfortable, the room was clean, as was the bathroom. The price was also quite reasonable.

We returned to the Anchor Inn to check out and pack up, and were happily settled into the Hawberry with 90 minutes.

We stayed for two nights, and were totally pleased with the motel, which was located conveniently close to restaurants, gas, and within walking distance to the swing bridge.

Interestingly, we met up with another person who had stayed at the Anchor Inn and moved as well in favor of the Hawberry.

We didn't see them, but the motel also offers larger deluxe rooms. The proprietor offered to show one to us, but the basic room was more than sufficient for our needs.

I'd recommend the Hawberry to anyone traveling to Little Current with no doubts whatsoever!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
#2 of 2 in Manitowaning
Massey Motel
Massey Motel
#2 of 2 in Massey

Been to The Hawberry Motel? Share your experiences!