“Average small town chinese restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hong Kong Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 14 Restaurants in Espanola
Cuisines: Chinese
Kagawong, Canada
“Average small town chinese restaurant”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Buffet all the time. There is a limited choice but overall it's OK. The one problem I have is the washrooms. I figure if the washrooms are dirty, maybe it's not a place I want to go to. The restroom here are basic but have a dirty feeling.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Gerry M

Collingwood, Canada
“Might be worst Chinese restaurant ever”
Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for dinner at the Hong Kong after a long drive from Sault Ste Marie. What a mistake!
The food was over-done and far from fresh and the price was horrendous.
The General Tao chicken was glued together, the chicken balls were like india rubber and almost nothing was better than that.
The shrimp was ok, though.
The quality of the food left me with the uneasy feeling that it was going to be a bad night for digestion and I was right. UGH.
The real shocker was the price for the slop which came in at almost $35. That alone was enough to give me indigestion.
Do yourself a favor and keep driving past this place.

3 Thank tsg1965
“Mediochre Chinese Buffet”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We've been here for the buffet on 2 occasions. Neither visit was outstanding and nothing in the food or atmosphere stood out!

It is our sixth choice for eating out in Espanola. The atmosphere does not compare to the Golden Dragon!
The food is reasonable and the lemon chicken was my favourite of all the buffet.

While the place is clean, it still reminds me of the '60's and 70's establishments. You're only there to eat and leave!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank enercontrol
Hamilton
“Ok Food, reasonable price, fresh”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I ate dinner at this restaurant last week. It was OK. The buffet was limited but what was there was good basic and fresh.
Having eaten lots of bad, greasy food in small town Ontario I was pleasantly surprised. The service was OK too.
It was not fine dining but it was not a greasy spoon with the waiters thumb in your soup either.
I would eat there again if business took me to Espanola again.

2 Thank TKoTP