“no sense of business smart”
Review of Clear Lake Inn

Clear Lake Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Espanola
Clear Lake Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Espanola
Reviewed February 3, 2014

we rented a room after 3 days of straight travelling and had quite a memorable experience. first of all we were going to look out at clear lake from atop a pier across the highway only to be greeted by a couple of animalistic savages who were defending the property we had apparently just trespassed on. we made it past her assault to our vehicle and his snow-plow barricade and he followed us to the police station where we successfuly mitigated a potentially quick end to our journey where we found out that the hotel manager had called the key in stolen for the room we just rented !!! upon returning to the hotel to figure out the next hurdle in our short visit in espanola, the snow-plow warrior showed up again! his mom turned out to be the manager here at clear lake inn. a piece of this trip that is thankfully a memory i dont have to relive everyday.
if i could give the hotel a 0 i would.
also, the towels also smelled as if they had not been washed since the last guests used them.
i will never stay here again. what a nightmare.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank honest t
Melditsi, Owner at Clear Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

I am sorry that you feel that your experience was 'bad'. It is mere coincidence that the property you self identify as trespassing on belongs to my son. Our neighbours, approximately 3, called and reported what appeared to them as suspicious behaviour. In spite of their reported concerns, courtesy and respect were shown. When I was confronted by your unexpected verbal aggression about an alleged report of a missing key, I felt both surprised and shocked because it is our practice to be respectful to all our guests. Our standards for both service and cleanliness is high. These values are consistent and continue to attract responsible guests. Thank you for your feedback because you have provided us with an opportunity to reflect on how we can continue to sustain our high standards. Sincerely

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I rented a room in the am for the night left to go do some site seeing, while I was out I was informed that the old lady called the cops that I took the key for the room. Well hello I got the room for a night when I leave to go get food/site seeing I'm going to take the KEY!!!! The towels smelled and felt in washed. Would sleep in my car over staying there again.

Room Tip: Turn around and head into town for one of the other motels!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephany N

I have made good effort to place who you are as one of my fine guests. What a chuckle you have provided me with by using the terms 'that old lady' and 'cops'! We at Clear Lake Inn support the practice of our guests taking their room key with them. Unfortunately, because our guests are allowed to take their key during their stay, I am unable to place you or your situation. With regards to the freshness of the towels, our commercial laundry facility is on site and our healthy safety practice affords cleans and sanitary towels daily. Our guest are safe to let us know if there is anything that they need changed to meet their satisfaction. We are happy in consistently meeting and exceeding our guests needs. Wishing your success in finding accommodations that you feel compatible with. Sincerely

Reviewed August 8, 2013

very good and frindly hotel (inn), good price and have all you need for a pleasent night. Every place was packed (no vacancy) around the area in a holiday weekend but fortunately Barbara had 3 rooms, very clean and confortable, good service, good information of the area, ... really will go back .. ahhhh the best thing SMOKE FREE !!! which makes a big difference with all the rest of these kind of hotels in the area ... good job Barbara !!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lucho017
Reviewed July 25, 2013

During the months of May, June and July a colleague and myself stayed at the Clear Lake Inn and we were both pleasantly surprised at the quality of the beds and service we received at this establishment and lets not forget the reasonable rates! Barbara and her staff where always so kind and professional in the way the hotel is ran and kept. The beds are brand new and very comfortable, room temperature was easily adjustable and the noise levels kept low. I would recommend the Clear Lake Inn to anyone who's wanting to stay in Espanola for work or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A few years ago, I landed at Clear Lake Inn to discover a home away from home. Barb and Bill are warm, friendly and professional. They are generous with their time to show their rooms and share information on local amenities.

The rooms are consistently clean and the common areas are also clean and fresh. I feel safe and secure at Clear Lake Inn. The windows are new, the beds comfortable and the pillows have height!

Last winter, an unexpected severe snow storm blew in... the storm prevented me from leaving to go to the contract. Barb and Bill went beyond the call of duty and ensured that I had some breakfast and lunch. Today, Clear Lake Inn is my first choice for accommodations in the Espanola area.

Put yourself, family and friends in the good care of Clear Lake Inn.

Warmly,
Doreen
Hamilton, Ontario

Room Tip: Please call and book ahead then be prepared to enjoy the comfort and hospitality... Clear Lake Inn i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Doreen S
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Taking a look at this place from the outside might not do much, taking a look from the inside might not be much better either, but meet the owners and feel the good vibes of this place and you will get it. I was tired and cranky when I got here, and the owners were so great and helpful that it cheered my right up. They even offered to pick up my pizza if delivery was unavailable. This place might be old, but it isn't run down by any means, my room was spotless and I could tell how much attention to detail was payed by whoever cleaned it. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see the area, Posted this from their free wifi.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank eyebehold
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a very normal hotel for 1960. Concrete block walls in the hallway, furniture from the 1960's. New beds and TV. Cable and Wifi (great signal!). It is very clean and competent.

It is not exactly a Holiday Inn Express or a Hampton........ If there had been one here, I would not be reviewing THIS motel. If you need to stay in Espanola, this seems to be better than most.

Don't look for breakfast here or even a coffee maker in the room. Oh well, Tim Horton is just down the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vickys-Guy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espanola
Lang Lake Resort
#5 of 7 in Little Current
Alta Vista Motel
Alta Vista Motel
#1 of 1 in McKerrow

Been to Clear Lake Inn? Share your experiences!