“Idyllic setting and well appointed cottage”
other traveler has booked this property
Mont Rouge Cottage 2 Mont Rouge Cottage 2
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Mont Rouge Cottage Great Views of Mountains
Mont Rouge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BookEndDo...
Doha
“Idyllic setting and well appointed cottage”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 for a stay in December 2013

We were charmed by the welcome we received and the cottage itself. We stayed in the 10-sleeper cottage and couldn't have been happier with the setup. The farm is not far from town and the cottage itself is built with the braai-area shaded by HUGE oak trees and a bubbling brook running past. Truly delightful to just sit and watch the mountains change colour in the sunset. We especially enjoyed the access to the farm dam which we were allowed as the heat of December in Tulbagh is intense.
Guests should be aware though that the 2 cottages are in 1 large building and that you therefore share a boundary wall. You never see your neighbours, if you have any, but if you happen to both be chatting on your individual patios then you will hear the rumblings of conversation.
Having said this I still whole-heartedly recommend Mont Rouge - true Tulbagh hospitality, amazing views and lovely, comfy, clean beds... what more do you need?

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The open communication with Marisha.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Sep 29, 2014
thank you very much for taking the time to write something about our cottages..

We have been having so many people coming to visit us again and again. And that is such a good thing. and positive response.

Hope we see you here soon
TimKeit1
Durban, South Africa
“Wished we lived closer...I would be a regular guest”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

My wife and I were just traveling through for two days but we wished we could have spent more time at this beautiful cottage. I booked online - they were very friendly and organized. When we got there we were greeted by fresh fruit and home-baked bread...a lovely touch. The cottage is very well decorated (looks like a home in one of those magazines-very well suited to the cape cottage setting). We found it very clean and all cutlery, linen and kitchen ware were available.
The cottages are right next to a small river - the sound and views are amazing.
Although you can spend all your time on the farm, the wine farms are less than 5 Km away.

We spend a lot of time going to numerous self-catering and B&Bs around SA but this one would definitely be in the top 5 for its lovely setting and amazing ambience. Thanks for your hospitality -we will def be back.

Timothy Keit (Durban)

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Nov 15, 2013
Hello Timothy

Thank you so much for this great review.

We are so glad you had a great stay on our farm. And the cottage was up to standard for you. We did try our best with it. We do hope to see you again. And then for a bit longer!

Marisha
Sofia402
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Heaven on Earth”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

What a wonderful experience!!

My friend found this place on the internet and booked it for her and her husband...and little Boston Terrier. (Yes, it is dog friendly.) Immediately after they stayed here she phoned me to tell me... WE HAVE TO GO! So the two of us (and the little Boston Terrier) went there the following week for a girls mid-week break.

Everything was perfect!

It is very well equipped, the interior is beautifully done, and the well planned leafy spaces around the house makes a braai/BBQ tempting every time of the day.
The best part of our stay was the view from the house and sound of the stream passing in front of the house.

Mont Rouge is on a beautiful fruit farm which makes long walks on the farm a must. The surroundings with the mountains as backdrop is breathtaking... and it is very central - should you want to explore the town of Tulbagh with its restaurants and surrounding wine farms.

After our stay here I told my husband... WE HAVE TO GO! So a few days later (this time over a weekend) I went there AGAIN with my husband. It was JUST as wonderful as the first time! This time we stayed in the smaller cottage. I would recommend the smaller cottage as a first option (a bit more light and even better views.) But for bigger groups (5 or more) go for the bigger house.

I would highly recommend staying at Mont Rouge if you want to experience a peaceful weekend (or week) in what I think is one of the most beautiful parts of South Africa.
Mont Rouge and its warm hearted owner/host Marisha will definitely see us again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view, the sound of the stream
Liked least: the fact that I couldn't stay there forever
Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Nov 5, 2013
Hello

Thank you for the great review.

I am so glad you had a great time and this before your baby is here. You will have to come again and rest then and i will look after the little one.

hope to see you soon.

Marisha
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing