“Friendly, no-frills, good value”
Review of Kuierbossie Restaurant - CLOSED

Kuierbossie Restaurant
Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Diner, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Food is our passion! We love to feed people who love food. Vegetarians/Vegans WELCOME!!! Something special for the little ones - anytime. South Africa with the rich, diverse dishes is our specialty. Private functions, conferences, or kiddies' birthdays.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

While this place is pretty average compared to most of the more glamorous Tulbagh establishments (praticularly those on wine estates), it's a lot more lively than some of the smaller restaurants and great for spontaneous walk-ins day and night.
The service is just the right balance between being attentive and un-intrusive, the tables are well-spaced and at night the lighting is by oil lamp, which is quite cute. The menu is extensive and reasonably priced, with reliable grill-house fare in generous portions - with delicious chips. If you just want an affordable tasty meal without pretension or romance, this is just right.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have been visiting Kuierbossie since 2007 as a family - being vegetarian, it is never easy to find a restaurant that offers a wide range of meals to choose from - Having our main meal of the day at Kuierbossie has saved me hours of cooking, and of course, it is much cheaper to have our meals at "our table". The portions are always too big, and the price we pay for real "home cooked Sondag Kos" is just amazing ! I saw on one of the reviews that a client complained about the portions? I must ask them to go back, and make sure they did not order a starter, and confused it with a main dish - Be that as it may - I know that the one rule at Kuierbossie is " make sure the client is happy when they leave - no matter what the situation". The only request I have heard from Ria to any and every client " If you're not happy, tell me, not the world". Thankyou for making our food with love and to the waiters... thankyou thankyou thankyou - !!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Awesome food. The burgers were superb, the sauces divine and the springrolls sooo yum!! The service was fast too and so friendly :-) Will def. eat there again!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and myself visited Tulbagh during the Christmas in Winter weekend and after going to the Spar and parking next to Kuierbossie we decided to go in and have a drink there ... and ended up spending the rest of the weekend enjoying the company of the owner, her husband and all the locals who frequent the establishment.

Kuierbossie is an upbeat, friendly, homely place where you can sit on the "stoep" and have an awesome "home-cooked" meal and a chat.

Going back to Tulbagh in November for a weekend and booked into the Tulbagh Hotel to be close to our favourite restaurant and to go for a horse ride at Horse About. The staff made me feel "at home" and the food did exactly the same.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went there for supper, it was a very cute place. The vibe was friendly and relaxed. There is a couch and some magazines inside if you want to curl up with a cup of coffee. Our waitress was charming.

The food took rather long to arrive (the menu said there would be a wait for the pasta, which I ordered, but the wait was actually about twice as long). In that time, we sampled some of the local jerepiko and port, yummy. The portions of food were generous.

I'd say this is a nice place to go if you are not in a rush.