“Good food”

The Belgian Kitchen
Ranked #10 of 19 Restaurants in Tulbagh
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Best Food in the area, customers say the best hamburgers, fresh fish and Steaks available.
Etiolles, France
“Good food”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good food and fully enjoyed eating on the terrace surronded by peacocks. Remeber to finsih with a crème brûlée, the best in the western cape.

Visited January 2013

Berlin, Germany
“Pompous and Arrogant”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We loved the view of this place and had been told that the food was generally of good standard, and subsequently booked a table for two on the outside terrace. I specifically ordered a "medium" steak and received it "well done". As it clearly didn't fit my requirements I brought it back and expected to receive a "medium". What I did receive instead was a patronising spiel by the owner ("I don't want to argue, but..."; "I'm 40 years in the business, so let me tell YOU..."), and an offer to bring me a "rare" steak, as I clearly had no clue what "medium" meant. When I indicated, that I would rather not eat here and just pay for my partners meal and drink, I was told to "be ridiculous". If the owner has been in business for 40 years, as claimed, he simply has not understand the basics of the leisure industry...customer service! Afterwards,I went to another restaurant in town and received a perfectly cooked steak for just over half the price as charged by the Belgian Kitchen.

• Visited January 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Delicious food and greeeat beer”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

With such a wide array of interesting choices for food and drink, Belgian kitchen was a must to try. We were not disappointed as the Norwegian Salmon was sashimi grade and the lamb shank rolled off the bone. The Belgian beer was a taste experience and I really enjoyed the Liefmans fruit beer.

Visited February 2013
South Africa
“One of the better places to eat in Tulbagh”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The service from the Belgian Kitchen was good - very friendly and helpful. However as much as I don't want to say this because of the fantastic service, I have to unfortunately mention that the food was very average. I had the beef stroganoff which was far too salty so I didn't really enjoy it and the chips that came with it weren't the greatest. In saying that however, my boyfriend had one of their burgers which he enjoyed along with their variety of belgian beers which were on offer.

Visited January 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“A must eat”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Great food, great atmosphere, owners involved in every aspect with passion. Annie prepares the food with love and attention to detail. Fresh, available ingredients used in well planned menu. Mussel pot, Norwegian salmon and chocolate mousse sure winners!

• Visited January 2013