I was interested to see 3 reviews of this hotel, 2 favourable and 1 not. My own experience here was not favourable, and I do agree that the hotel does not measure up to the impression given on the Accor website.
When I stayed the hotel was still in the building process with no swimming pool etc completed. This is despite the hotel being open for 3 months. The grounds round the hotel were very raw with no shade or planting. The balcony was unusable because of dust and smells.
I agree with the lack of service. Reception and check in or out seemed to be an afterthought. A major issue was the lack of a compendium in the room, detailing the hotel facilities, and surrounding attractions.
There is no radio reception at all in the hotel rooms, and given the isolation of the hotel some Foxtel channels would have been nice to have.
I also noted the absence of a waste bucket in the bathroom, and towel and toiletry replacement in the room wasn't up to standard.
Overall very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Fleurieu Peninsula in the outskirts of Normanville, Links Lady Bay Resort is the perfect weekend retreat. A scenic one hour drive along the Southern Highway from Adelaide, Links Lady Bay is your gateway to the amazing Kangaroo Island. Surrounded by picturesque Lady Bay and a PGA rated links golf course, the hotel features 28 apartments of pure indulgence, the divine Peninsula Bar and Restaurant and modern conference facilities. Ideal for both business and pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Links Lady Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Links Lady Bay Hotel Normanville
- Mercure Hotel Normanville
- Links Lady Bay Resort Normanville, South Australia