Just returned from a week's stay at the Links in Lady Bay. The staff is very warm and friendly. Peter was especially very helpful with my internet connection. On our last day, the night before, the wind must have blown over the TV antenna because there was no TV reception the next day. I appreciated the staff who went knocking on our door in the morning to let us know what had happened and that they were fixing it.
The resort is built into a hill, so while reception is at level 3, for vacation club members, we were checked into level 1. The units on level 1 open out to the swimming pool and tennis courts. So, while there will be human traffic during the summer months, for winter, it is quiet. Parking is at the corner close to the building for again for level 1 units, there is no need to take the stairs. There is no elevator.
The room door opens into a long passageway where the limited kitchen is. There is no oven, but two burners and a convection microwave oven. Small fridge. Adequate but small supply of flatware ie 4 big plates, 4 small plates, 4 bowls. Sufficient pots and a casserole dish. There is a dish washer, dish washer detergent, sponge, J-cloth but no dish washing liquid. So, if you prefer, like us, to hand wash eg a couple of dishes used during breakfast,etc do remember to pack or buy a bottle of dish washing liquid.
We typically have our cereal, bread, pancakes, etc in our room and do not go out for breakfast. There is a Foodland grocery in Normanville and a bigger Foodland in nearby Yankalilla, some 5-10 minutes away. We shop at both as we found out some things could be found in one but not the other eg pancakes in Normanville. Yankalilla has more choice in marinated meats eg beef, chicken, pork, while Normanville only has beef. We tend to eat out for lunch, but have dinner in our room, so the marinated meats are hassle-free. Just pop them into the microwave with the mixed selection and they are done in 12-15 minutes!
Our favourite restaurant was the one recommended by a TA member at the Victory Hotel in Sellicks Bay. The food is imaginative and tasty and definitely not over-priced. We popped in after shopping in Harbour Town near the airport on the way back to Normanville and we were glad we were early! It filled up and that was on a Tue evening.
There is a Chinese restaurant in Normanville which does not use MSG. A couple of doors away is a DVD rental. Both Yankalilla and Normanville has a bakery.
Interesting, the apartment did not require heating. We did not have to touch the heat/air con unit at all. This was quite a surprise to us because last winter in Coffs Harbour, we had to have the heater on.
There is a washer and dryer in the large bathroom, which also has a jacuzzi.
There are only 12 hangers in the closet and no chest of drawers. So there is a bit of a challenge putting aside clothes for our family of 4. Everything just had to sit on the closet floor.
Our king bed is comfortable but our boys said that the pull out sofa bed was not comfortable. It dips in the middle. Probably better for a single sleeper rather than two.
The tourist information in Yankalilla was great. Sue was extremely helpful and gave us great ideas for our week there. There is a small museum attached which is worth taking a look at.
Some of our favourite outings were to Victor Harbour/Granite Island and Hahndorf.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the Fleurieu Peninsula in the outskirts of Normanville, Links Lady Bay Resort is the perfect weekend retreat. A scenic one hour drive along the Southern Highway from Adelaide, Links Lady Bay is your gateway to the amazing Kangaroo Island. Surrounded by picturesque Lady Bay and a PGA rated links golf course, the hotel features 28 apartments of pure indulgence, the divine Peninsula Bar and Restaurant and modern conference facilities. Ideal for both business and pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Links Lady Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Links Lady Bay Hotel Normanville
- Mercure Hotel Normanville
- Links Lady Bay Resort Normanville, South Australia