“Delicious Tapas”
Review of The Court House Cafe - CLOSED

The Court House Cafe
Cuisines: Australian, Cafe, Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fabulous food from the Fleurieu.
“Delicious Tapas”
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited The Court House last night for Tapas with friends. We had a wonderful time with great food. Bruce was welcoming and made our evening a success.
I can highly recommend the duck pâté, delicious. We had to order more as it was so good!

shirazsplash, Owner at The Court House Cafe, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for your kind words about the Court House. I am delighted that you had a good time, though I imagine with the people involved, you would have fun wherever you go!

The pate is one of my favourites as well and I especially like the fruit toast that we serve with it. Hope you had a good holiday and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Regards,
Bruce Gordon

“Staff clearly not coping”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Turned up for breakfast on Boxing Day and were told we were 10 minutes too early. Please come back later. When we returned just after 9 they were very busy and we were greeted with exasperation and told they had lots of bookings and we would have a long wait for breakfast and we should have booked. Front of house manager was not coping with the crowd which doesn't augur well for the holiday season.

Visited December 2012
shirazsplash, Owner at The Court House Cafe, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Mary R,

Thank you for your review of the Court House. I am sorry that your experience was not what it should have been. We take some pride in providing a friendly country welcome to all of our guests and it is clear that this was not the case on your visit. Our business opens at 9am, and on Boxing Day we had a number of groups that had booked for that time. It is clear that our senior waitress was hoping to warn you of the fact so that you would not be disappointed with any delays, but it appears that the way she did so left much to be desired. I hope you will accept my apology for this experience and that we might be able to get you back to try some of the wonderful local produce at some point during your stay.

Best wishes for the holiday season.

Bruce Gordon
Owner
Adelaide, Australia
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

First visit and very pleasantly rewarded with great food, excellent service and an ambience to die for!

A place to visit regularly, and widely recommend to friends and visitors alike.

• Visited November 2012
Dear Lee H,

Thank you for your kind words about the Court House. I am delighted that you had a good visit and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the area.
Adelaide
“Food very good, service very good, prices very reasonable and nice decor”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a very nce restaurant with good food and good service. Everyone in our party including hard to please teenagers enjoyed their food. The prices were also very good. a Down side was the desserts which seemed to be a bit like an afterthought addition and not good considering the rest of the menu. I would eat here again if I was in the area but probably would not drive especially from Adelaide.

• Visited November 2012
shirazsplash, Owner at The Court House Cafe, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Anni63,

Thank you for your visit to the Court House. I am delighted that we were able to satisfy your family, including the hard to please teenagers. I'm sorry that you did not find a dessert to enjoy, I wonder if we didn't bring the full dessert menu to the table. I have to say that the vanilla panna cotta with rhubarb compote or the fig and chocolate pudding with rich chocolate ganache are tws of my favourites and the main reason that my doctor wants me to lose weight!

I look forward to your return to the area.
south australia
“Great food, good old fashioned friendly service”
Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Have been here for breakfast before and it was great and we headed down today for lunch. It's lovely sitting out on the decking in the sunshine and we were able to have our dog with us which was even better. If you prefer shade there is a cute verandah or rooms inside.
The owners are very nice and their service is very friendly.
Food is great value, I had salt and pepper squid for $14.95 and the serve was a very decent size. My partner had stuffed mushrooms with caramelized onion, roast pumpkin and goat curd cheese. It was delicious!! Again only $14.95.

Dear holidaymakernaj,

Thanks for the kind words about the Court House. We are proud to welcome all members of the family, even the four legged kind, and are delighted that you had a pleasant lunch with us. You'll be happy to know, the decking will have a vine covered arbour for you next visit...dappled sunshine to protect from the heat of the summer. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.