“Pleasant Evening on Cold Night”
Review of The Court House Cafe - CLOSED

The Court House Cafe
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fabulous food from the Fleurieu.
Adelaide, Australia
“Pleasant Evening on Cold Night”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

A nice wood fire to welcome us on a cold night. Pleasant surroundings and artwork to view while waiting for our meal. Staff friendly and efficient and the meal was very nice. Thanks Bruce.

• Visited August 2012
shirazsplash, Owner at The Court House Cafe, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear David162,

Thank you for your kind words about the Court House. I am delighted that you were able to find comfort on a cold night by the fire and with our food. Take heart, the cold will only last for a little while longer and before you know it, you'll be swimming on the Normanville beach! Look forward to seeing you again

Sydney, Australia
“What a great find!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We visited The Court House Cafe early on a quiet winter evening. We were surprised at the ambience and the general buzz of the restaurant at 6.30pm on a wet Sunday evening. We were welcomed warmly and taken to our table surrounded by interesting art work. The food was excellent! I had the duck which was melt-in-the-mouth sensational and my partner raved about his chicken. We would have gone back the following evening but they are only open Thursday to Sunday in the evenings - although they are open for lunch every day. Highly recommended!

shirazsplash, Owner at The Court House Cafe, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Wendy015,

Thank you for your kind words about the Court House. I am pleased you had a good time and were able to enjoy the Normanville area, even in the dead of winter. I'm a big fan of the duck as well and am delighted that you enjoyed the meal.
Adelaide, Australia
“A hidden gem on the Fleuriue peninsula”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

On a cold wintry day we ventured to a cosy and welcoming haven from the chilly wind. The courthouse cafe with its wonderful hosts the very talented resident cobbler / artist Chrissy and creative Bruce offer an amazing experience of regional fresh food that our party all devoured with delight while enjoying the gorgeous large open fire . Wandering around the cafe was a joy to find interesting and inspired art work by chrissy available fior purchase which we could not resist . Even the usually particular children that were In tow, ventured to areas of culinary delight unknown to them previously with enthusiasm.
Only a gorgeous 40 minute drive from Glenelg with such an amazing surrounding area we will be back regularly

Dear Ginnyt63,

Thank you for your kind words about the Court House. It is encouraging to know that we were able to satisfy the entire family as we take some pride in offering a fresh and tasty children's menu, as well as the regular offering. You are right, Chrissie's artwork is wonderful and I am lucky to be surrounded by it every day. I hope that your travels bring you back to the Court House soon.
“Must go again soon”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have had the fortunate experience to dine at The Court House Cafe five times now. The depth of flavours matched with honesty and integrity are something you would not expect to find in a sleepy sea-side township. I don't know if the increase in well heeled weekenders, the retired regulars or those just passing through are getting the word of mouth that is making the restaurant increasingly busy. The lamb shanks are fantastic. Duck both ways is sensational. On another time I took on the steak and again perfection. My wife is a crumbed seafood expert and the salt and pepper squid was the best she has ever had. Using so much of the local produce and putting together a diverse menu that is not too challenging is a credit to the owners. I have been there as a large group, as two families and just our family. The last time was Bastille day with a French family. Our Madame guest teaches cooking in France. She loved the fish, thought the Chocolat Crepes: "C'est magnifique" and although in Adelaide for only a few more weeks with be visiting again soon to have the "gateau fromage". My daughter had the goats curd leak tart and is still raving. Truly a wonderful experience.

• Visited July 2012
“Friendly with Gr8 Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This place used to be funnily enough the Courthouse! Had coffe hear outside in the rare winter sun one day and went back for a lovely dinner there. Service was good both times, really friendly, my Snapper with cous cous was VERY Good. Lovely atmosphere, one minor detail the music could have been just a touch louder as my husband & I were two of 3 people in the room! It would be very nice to go back when it's full for a more vibrant atmosphere. Definiteley will go back, we hear they do an excellent breakfast!

Visited July 2012