“A lovely evening”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Wellington, New Zealand
“A lovely evening”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We visit National Park a lot in winter and usually end up at the pub for dinner but this visit we were looking for somewhere a bit nicer. We didn't expect to find a restaurant as good as The Station. The first night I popped my head in to have a look at the menu, and the waitress was really friendly and gave me her business card to call if we decided to make a booking - which we did for the next evening. The initial thing that drew me to the restaurant was the lovely cosy atmosphere. The wine list had our favourite Roaring Meg Pinot Noir, so that accompanied by a freshly baked bread was a great start to the dinner. Mains were quite an interesting concept, in that you choose a protein and sauce, and then all mains had the same accompaniments (mash and broccoli) and were presented in the same way. It would have been nice to have some variety here, but the meat was really nicely cooked and let's face it, who doesn't like mash and broccoli!? We skipped dessert but were delighted to find three after dinner mints given to us with our bill! When we were paying we cheekily asked for more after dinner mints and they were kind enough to give them to us. Overall, a really relaxing experience with nice hearty food and good wine - great combo and we will definitely be back!

• Visited September 2012

Whangarei, New Zealand
“5 star food”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Love the station cafe, we went there for dinner the first night, which was 5 star yummy. The prawn entree was so good I wanted to eat the plate! We had lunch there twice more during the week, the coffees and cakes are awesome too. Lovely toasted sammies, and good selection of food.

Visited September 2012
Khor, Al Khawr, Qatar
“Great food and friendly staff”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We went to this restaurant on previous reviews. It was great! Very cozy atmosphere and great food. Our daughter was kept occupied by numerous colouring in pictures.

Visited August 2012
Indianapolis
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

First, the venue is absolutely charming: a warm, glowing dining space that transforms but preserves a piece of National Park Village's history. Second, the fare was superb; I had the bourbon filet, and I couldn't have asked for a filet better prepared or served. And third, the service was impeccable. Besides our party, there was only one other couple in the restaurant that evening (it was a week night in late July), and the husband-wife owners (they were the only ones staffing that night) made us feel like kings and queens, serving us professionally but also sharing a piece of their lives with us in their answers to our questions about the building and the community. The whole experience was delightful. And yes, it is expensive, but in my opinion, it was worth every dollar. As a special occasion, we couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate our time in NZ. What a treat!

• Visited July 2012
“Lovely but a bit pricey”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Its clear that they take great pride in their food, it looks great and it tasted great. I just had the B.L.A.T (bacon, lettuce, avocado tomato) open sandwich, it was $14.50 so I had high expectations it was a fab sandwich (see pic) but a bit too expensive, I'll try something else when I come next time. Atmosphere is great, nice warm fire, service was spot on.